NCL Butler service questions

jayjaycan

We are booked on the Jade in an SE stateroom {first time in this category) which includes a butler.I have some questions I can't find the answers to.Appreciate your responses.

1.How many staterooms does an individual butler service or is each cabin assigned their own?

2. Are they regularly assigned the same cabins or can a specific butler be requested?

I have read that people have requested a specific butler by name.

3. Are requests for butler service made during specific time frames?

Cabin stewards are generally unavailable during their breaks,e.g.afternoon.

4. Is there a specific telephone line to reach the butler or do you have to seek them out as you do the cabin steward?

5.Reference on NCL's site indicates there is also concierge service.Is this the pre boarding service some posters refer to, or is it a room telephone connection or does the bultler also act as a conierge?

1.How many staterooms does an individual butler service or is each cabin assigned their own?

Don't know the exact amount, but they do have multiple rooms.

2. Are they regularly assigned the same cabins or can a specific butler be requested?

Not sure. Maybe someone else will answer.

They are available 24-7. See: http://thehaven.ncl.com/experience/#service

4. Is there a specific telephone line to reach the butler or do you have to seek them out as you do the cabin steward?

Yes they do have a specific number and it is programed into your cordless room phone.

5.Reference on NCL's site indicates there is also concierge service.Is this the pre boarding service some posters refer to, or is it a room telephone connection or does the bultler also act as a conierge?

There is a separate concierge that handles requests for activities outside of your stateroom. Your butler is for needs in your stateroom (room service, unpacking, drawing bubble bath). The concierges for when you're outside of your stateroom (restaurant/show reservations, entertainment, etc.). You can make requests prior to boarding via the pre-cruise concierge team.

We are booked on the Jade in an SE stateroom {first time in this category) which includes a butler.I have some questions I can't find the answers to.Appreciate your responses.

1.How many staterooms does an individual butler service or is each cabin assigned their own? In your case He will have 8 forward suites to attend.

2. Are they regularly assigned the same cabins or can a specific butler be requested? TThey are assigned a block of cabins .

I have read that people have requested a specific butler by name. Very Unlikely

3. Are requests for butler service made during specific time frames? No , any time.

4. Is there a specific telephone line to reach the butler or do you have to seek them out as you do the cabin steward? Butler Bat phone 24 hours.

Concierge is available to all suite guest and VIP's

have fun

5. One of the biggest perks of the concierge is that they help get you off the ship at ports. They will ask their guests to meet them at some location like the Star Bar and will take them down a separate elevator to priority disembark at ports. They also host a section in the main theater for their guests for priority seating. I've had two really good ones on past cruises.

There is a separate concierge that handles requests for activities outside of your stateroom. Your butler is for needs in your stateroom (room service, unpacking, drawing bubble bath). The concierges for when you're outside of your stateroom (restaurant/show reservations, entertainment, etc.). You can make requests prior to boarding via the pre-cruise concierge team.

It is a little more complicated than that.

Butlers report to the concierge so if you have a problem with your butler and you can't resolve it directly with the butler, you should discuss the issue with the concierge.

If after talking to the concierge, you still don't have the issue resolved to your satisfaction, you should next elevate it to the Hotel Director. The Hotel Director wants to hear about any issues/problems while you are still on the ship so that they can deal with it right then and there.

Each butler is assigned about 10 rooms, depending on the ship. Butlers have a block of rooms and then they rotate every six weeks or so. Your personal butler will be available from 6 am to about 9:30 pm. During the off times a night butler is available. Your butler has his own phone number on his cordless phone. You can contact them at a moment's notice from 6 am - 9:30 pm.

You can request a butler, but if they are not assigned to your block of cabins, the request will probably be denied. It creates a lot of extra work for a deck nine butler to have a single room on say deck 12.

I believe my PCC told me that the non-haven suites do not get 24 hour butler service. The butler is available during regular operating hours (not sure what these hours are) and only the haven suites get butler service at midnight.

I believe my PCC told me that the non-haven suites do not get 24 hour butler service. The butler is available during regular operating hours (not sure what these hours are) and only the haven suites get butler service at midnight.

we sailed the Gem in a non-haven suite and utilized our butler very very late. It was the on-call butler, not our regular one. But we had access to a butler 24/7 and we were not in the haven. Just a 2BR suite.

we sailed the Gem in a non-haven suite and utilized our butler very very late. It was the on-call butler, not our regular one. But we had access to a butler 24/7 and we were not in the haven. Just a 2BR suite.

Glad to hear that. It seems I get more accurate info here than I do from the cruise lines (all cruise lines, not just NCL)

Archived