Spring Cruise With Few Kids...

DTXCruiser

I have always cruised late summer.

What spring time period is best to sail and avoid as many kids as possible??

(Don't flame me...I just prefer fewer kids, of all ages, running around)

I was thinking late April, early May...anyone have experience?

Thanks

Thanks

Late April/early May is perfect. Spring breaks (both college & schools) are over with, as well as Easter break. And it's not time for the Summer rush.

Great time to cruise!!!

Just keep in mind that Easter is later next year, I believe April 20. In our area, spring breaks are still in March but wonder if still might be kids on break or kids skipping school since they may have Good Friday off. Just a thought

Thanks

That's what I thought as well and, several months ago, booked a cruise that's leaving in 2 weeks.:)

I've already been accused by one mother that I'm banning kids from our M&G because we changed our location from the Tides Pool to the Serenity Deck, just so we could talk & not have to scream at one another (which wasn't the case because a majority vote was taken).:rolleyes:

I've pissed somebody off and I'm not even on the ship yet! Oh, lordy!!! Certainly hope it's not a sign of things to come...:eek:

Just keep in mind that Easter is later next year, I believe April 20. In our area, spring breaks are still in March but wonder if still might be kids on break or kids skipping school since they may have Good Friday off. Just a thought

FYI - Easter was on March 31st this year.

We cruised the first week of May twice before.

There were very few kids on each of those cruises (although we had our kids, they were very young at the time).

PLUS... the college kids are going through their final exams during that week in many schools.

The price range for the first weeks in May are some of the best for the entire year as well. It was a great time to cruise and I wish we could do it again.. but our kids are too old to take out of school now!

Catrin

Great info guys! Sounds like last week of April, first week of May is the way to go.

As one poster has stated...the real young ones are no bother. I just wanted to avoid all the school aged kids...

I have sailed in September and October before....both great times to avoid the kiddos. I just wanted to reduce my stress over hurricane delays this time around!

If crusing from the south and east late April and early May. This is the time in which most school systems give the CRCT/FCAT or whatever each state calls the test that kids have to take. It is also the time that AP test and End of Course test being in High Schools. Many parents will not take kids out of schools for these test, but will let them miss a week at some other point in the school year.

Many schools now have a September break, so while September used to be a safe month for fewer kids on cruises it is now hit or miss because so many schools now have time off in September.

Archived