Breeze vs Freedom 8 days

Dr Dave

Hi folks,

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I am looking at a couple of different itineraries for an 8 day cruise I mid July-August. I have been on the Western itinerary several times, and am ready for a change in a easterly direction. I've begun to narrow it down to either the Breeze, which goes through St Thomas, Tortola, Antigua and Nassau; or two of the sailings on the Freedom, one of which goes through St Thomas, San Juan, St Marteen and Grand Turks of one that goes through Grand Turks, Curaco, Aruba, and the Dominican Republic. I think all of these itineraries look like they can deliver on a good time, and I am a little stuck. Any suggestions? Do any of these itineraries have something that I can't or shouldn't miss?

I am looking for an opportunity to decompress after a busy and stressful year, looking for a stop or two with a couple of beach days, a couple of stops with something fun to do. Are there any deal breakers in the ships themselves? I have heard that the Dream class ships are a little crowded, but I also know that the Freedom hasn't undergone the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade. While I don't see these as anything that would detract from my enjoyment, are these major things to take into account. The way I look at this, I can't go wrong either way, but how can I best go right? ;)

We chose the Freedom for our 8 night May cruise because we prefer that class of ship over the newer, larger ships like the Breeze and Magic. We just didn't love the Magic like we loved our cruises on the Conquest class. And as I say that we are booked on the Magic for the 3rd time in August, but that is because it is the only 7 night at that time out of Galveston.

I vote for the 8day southern on the freedom! Loved it! Best cruise yet!

Same here.....the Freedom is the perfect size...not too many people but lots of different bars and venues. Very relaxing cruise to Curacao (LOVED!!) Dominican Republic (our new FAVORITE), Aruba and Grand Turk!!

Have fun!!

Hi folks,

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I am looking at a couple of different itineraries for an 8 day cruise I mid July-August. I have been on the Western itinerary several times, and am ready for a change in a easterly direction. I've begun to narrow it down to either the Breeze, which goes through St Thomas, Tortola, Antigua and Nassau; or two of the sailings on the Freedom, one of which goes through St Thomas, San Juan, St Marteen and Grand Turks of one that goes through Grand Turks, Curaco, Aruba, and the Dominican Republic. I think all of these itineraries look like they can deliver on a good time, and I am a little stuck. Any suggestions? Do any of these itineraries have something that I can't or shouldn't miss?

I am looking for an opportunity to decompress after a busy and stressful year, looking for a stop or two with a couple of beach days, a couple of stops with something fun to do. Are there any deal breakers in the ships themselves? I have heard that the Dream class ships are a little crowded, but I also know that the Freedom hasn't undergone the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade. While I don't see these as anything that would detract from my enjoyment, are these major things to take into account. The way I look at this, I can't go wrong either way, but how can I best go right? ;)

You notice that everyone who has commented has never been on the Breeze ;)

Was just on the breeze in feb and absolutely lovedddddd it!!!!!! I can't wait to sail on it again. We did the Aruba iten and loved all thd ports. We will be on the freedom in feb on the Antigua iten, so I could only help you with the breeze

I am in the same situation. I have been on the Breeze but never the Freedom. Will I be disappointed in the Freedom after sailing on the Breeze? The 8 night on the Freedom is a much better price and I like the fact that it sails from FLL, much easier for us to fly to and better prices.

Thank you for starting this thread.

I am in the same situation. I have been on the Breeze but never the Freedom. Will I be disappointed in the Freedom after sailing on the Breeze? The 8 night on the Freedom is a much better price and I like the fact that it sails from FLL, much easier for us to fly to and better prices.

Thank you for starting this thread.

I don't think you will, I think you will find Freedom more relaxing and less stressful . I would choose Freedom over the Dream class any given day.

Food options are different yes, but I grew bored of cruise ship food a while back ;)

Archived