Will it be Quantum or Breakaway for you?

Will it be Quantum or Breakaway for you?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be Quantum or Breakaway for you?

• Definitely Quantum! I love what I see and can't wait to book!
    • Definitely Breakaway! She seems to have more of what I want on a ship.
    • BOTH! From what I see I really like both ships and will book both
    • It's just too soon to decide. The jury is still out until we have more info on QOS

Do you have the dates of the 12 nights in Summer 2015? Will she be doing a 5 or 7 night cruise to Bermuda?

Quantum of the Seas will sail out of Bayonne, New Jersey in Summer 2015 and offer 5-night Bermuda cruises on May 2,16,30; June 13,27; July 11, 25; August 8, 22, 2015. Quantum will also offer 9-night Bermuda and Caribbean itineraries on May 7, 21; June 4, 18; July 2, 16, 30; August 13, 27; 2015.

As of now.

Thanks. Now when will she be doing the 7 or 8 night Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean and 12 night Southern?

That's still work in progress. Can not confirm anything for that time date (Fall 2014 to April 2015) RCCL should be releasing the Itin dates within the next month.

Thanks. We are looking for a November 2014 cruise and am only slightly interested in the Explorer 5 day to Bermuda (although not thrilled about Bermuda at that time of year). I am expecting the inaugural of Quantum that month and there will be no way of taking off if I'm working around the school schedule. If I'm going to Bermuda, I'd rather take the 9 night that stops there.

Hoping to find something workable on the Quantum for the holidays 2014 or Easter 2015, otherwise, hoping for the 9 night on July 2, 2015 as a celebration. Would really like to see the dates for the 12 night though!

Thanks. We are looking for a November 2014 cruise and am only slightly interested in the Explorer 5 day to Bermuda (although not thrilled about Bermuda at that time of year). I am expecting the inaugural of Quantum that month and there will be no way of taking off if I'm working around the school schedule. If I'm going to Bermuda, I'd rather take the 9 night that stops there.

Hoping to find something workable on the Quantum for the holidays 2014 or Easter 2015, otherwise, hoping for the 9 night on July 2, 2015 as a celebration. Would really like to see the dates for the 12 night though!

Take a look at the May-September 2014 EXOS Itin. That should mirror the 2015 Summer Schedule for the QOS. The Summer schedule for the QOS should be released in March/April

2014. We are also looking at the thanksgiving 2014 time frame along with Easter 2015 for booking dates.

Also will probably do the 9 & 5 day voyage late August 2015. Retirement cruise for me :)

I know for many this question may still be hard to answer since there are so many variables we don't yet know about QOS (specialty dining, spa, other "to come" venues), but now that BOTH ships are based out of the NY area (YEAH for us northeners!) our family is down to deciding which ship to book. We spent some time last night looking over both ships trying to decide. So, I'm curious...

Knowing what you now know....

Which ship will you be sailing and why?

Or is the jury still out until more things are revealed?

I vote for "None of them" because both are overcrowded with minimal open space available.

However, the Breakaway could be an option for a cruise to Bermuda.

Which ship will you be sailing and why?

Based on the information so far, Quantum's innovations are aimed firmly at families and kids, whereas the lovely 'Waterfront' feature and some 20+ dining rooms of Breakaway, are aimed firmly at my stomach!:)

Here is a reminder of the 'Waterfront':

http://youtu.be/qTPyCIFwd9Q

I vote for "None of them" because both are overcrowded with minimal open space available.

However, the Breakaway could be an option for a cruise to Bermuda.

Neither one has sailed yet and you are saying both are overcrowded. Okay.

Neither one has sailed yet and you are saying both are overcrowded. Okay.

Right... lets wait for the pax reviews to come in first :rolleyes:

I can't speak for NCL since Breakaway will be my first, but RC has a long and established history of ships with excellent passenger flow and crowd planning.

Archived