Nieuw Amsterdam Balcony Selection

elizabeth612

Can someone suggest a nice, maybe larger than most, (perhaps handicapped) balcony on the Nieuw Amsterdam? Thanks for any help, hope to be sailing on the 8th of Dec.

We were pleased with the depth of our balconies midship on the Navigation Deck (deck 8). I didn't have a measuring tape with me, but it had to be at least 7 - maybe even 8 - feet deep. From what I understand, some balconies (I believe on lower decks, but not positive) can run as shallow as 4 ft.

Just so you know....we just had 4168 on the NA last week and it has a vent up high on the wall that makes a hissing sound. I found it annoying, but my husband couldn't hear it. :)

I don't recall anything on 4166 on the Eurodam, so maybe it is just with 4168.

I don't recall anything on 4166 on the Eurodam, so maybe it is just with 4168.

We had 4166 and 4168 on the Eurodam. No vent that I remember. It was definitely on the NA. Maybe its just that ship. I don't recall ever reading about it here on CC.

5051 has a huge verandah, like twice the length of normal - but it is a handicapped cabin - so unless you're in need, you might want to bypass this one unless it's close to sailing and they release it to general populus (though I know basically anyone can book it at any time, it's kindof up to us to do the right thing).

Archived