UpSell Fairy

heatherbean

So I just recevied a call from the upsell fairy, offering to put us in a grand suite 6182 for $700 more...I passed. We're booked in 7258 with the extended bowling ally balcony :D. It was exciting though to get the call, not that I could imagine switch cabins at this point. I've been using pictures of that balcony to get me through this long wait...which is almost over!!!

Smart decision IMHO. I wouldn't give up my aft wrap for any other room on the ship...even if it was a FREE "upgrade". You definitely couldn't get me to pay to "upgrade." (I put upgrade in " " because to me, it isn't an upgrade. Choosing between a nicer/larger room or a nicer/larger balcony, I choose the balcony every time.)

Looking forward to enjoying my bowling alley balcony on the Magic in 32 days! :)

Enjoy your cruise!

Upsell fairy called me today too! MY HUSBAND SAID NO!!!!:mad: I am thinking of going over his head on this one......:rolleyes: Have until 5pm to make up my mind.

Good choice OP I just looked at the room you did great staying where you were....

So I just recevied a call from the upsell fairy, offering to put us in a grand suite 6182 for $700 more...I passed. We're booked in 7258 with the extended bowling ally balcony :D. It was exciting though to get the call, not that I could imagine switch cabins at this point. I've been using pictures of that balcony to get me through this long wait...which is almost over!!!

Good call! I would never have taken that "deal!" I've only received one call form the upsell fairy. She offered to move us from an aft wrap to a GS for $600. I literally laughed out loud. Not a chance! :D

• 4 months later...

Damn, just go the call from the upsell Fairy and I should've done what was recommended in a previous post; TAKE THE 10 MINUTES AND RESEARCH BEFORE ACCEPTING.

Turns out that the upsell was exactly what they are charging for any Jo Shmo' to book the balcony they upgraded us to. I'm so upset with myself, since I've been watching the fares everyday and seeing if I would be cashing in on my Early Saver with perhaps some OBC....so much for that. I'm kicking my self. Never again will I agree until I check the prices.... :mad:

You did the right thing. I think an aft balcony trumps anything on the ship they have to offer. Enjoy your cruise.

I have never gotten the upsell call. Not sure why.

On the first Carnival cruise we got the L shaped balcony cabin which are 8b and on the Dream this November we have the same cabin.

Is the upsell fairy random or is there a method to it?

This is the second time I've gotten the call. I got the first call when I went on the Victory with my daughter for a week cruise. That time the upsell was a deal ($100 for both to a balcony from interior), but not this time. It seems to be luck of the draw. Also a note, both times it was only 2 occupants in the room, so maybe a factor in their selection? Not sure.

This is the second time I've gotten the call. I got the first call when I went on the Victory with my daughter for a week cruise. That time the upsell was a deal ($100 for both to a balcony from interior), but not this time. It seems to be luck of the draw. Also a note, both times it was only 2 occupants in the room, so maybe a factor in their selection? Not sure.

We are two and already in a balcony. I guess I shall wait and see. How close to sailing do they call usually?

Sent from my LG-MS695 using Forums mobile app

Damn, just go the call from the upsell Fairy and I should've done what was recommended in a previous post; TAKE THE 10 MINUTES AND RESEARCH BEFORE ACCEPTING.

Turns out that the upsell was exactly what they are charging for any Jo Shmo' to book the balcony they upgraded us to. I'm so upset with myself, since I've been watching the fares everyday and seeing if I would be cashing in on my Early Saver with perhaps some OBC....so much for that. I'm kicking my self. Never again will I agree until I check the prices.... :mad:

They did that to me. It was my first Carnival cruise and it caused me to start off with a very negative attitude towards the company. By the end if the cruise I was over it because I loved the balcony (and the MDR and Behind the Fun tour). But buyer beware does apply!

We got a call from the upsell fairy 2 years ago on the Liberty. It was the 3 of us, my daughters and I, in an interior on Panorama deck. Three weeks before sailing upsell fairy called and offered an upgrade to our first balcony cabin on the Veranda deck right near the elevators for only $200. I jumped on it.

Since then, we've booked nothing but baclonies. Last year we had an aft-wrap and could have upgraded ourselves to a junior suite for less money a few months before the cruise but there was not way in heck we were giving up that aft-wrap for a suite on Carnival.

Good call! I would never have taken that "deal!" I've only received one call form the upsell fairy. She offered to move us from an aft wrap to a GS for $600. I literally laughed out loud. Not a chance! :D

You were offered a better deal then we were. For our Feb. cruise we were offered a GS upgrade from our aft wrap for $1200 total. I of course said no.

We are two and already in a balcony. I guess I shall wait and see. How close to sailing do they call usually?

The first time they called me it was about 3 days before departure in 2010.

This time we are leaving Oct. 13, so almost a month prior. After I accepted I did notice on Carnival.com that the extended balcony cabins were practically empty; category 8J. Almost all of them were still available on line, so unless they lowered the prices online before they called me and I noticed the prices were the same, it's possible the prices were more before they started with the upsell fairy. I guess the only way I can make myself feel better about it....:confused:

The first time they called me it was about 3 days before departure in 2010.

This time we are leaving Oct. 13, so almost a month prior. After I accepted I did notice on Carnival.com that the extended balcony cabins were practically empty; category 8J. Almost all of them were still available on line, so unless they lowered the prices online before they called me and I noticed the prices were the same, it's possible the prices were more before they started with the upsell fairy. I guess the only way I can make myself feel better about it....:confused:

I wouldn't stress too much over it. When they offered you the deal you thought it was a fair price and you'll almost certainly enjoy the extended balcony, so why beat yourself up? You'll still be enjoying a cruise!

Archived