I'm Glad The Quantum Is Sailing From The NYC/ Tri-State Area!!!

Why Should Flordia Have All The Fun?? I'm So Glad Royal Caribbean Has Chose Cape Liberty, To Sail It's New Ship From!!!

This Port Has Over '50 MILLION PEOPLE' Within Driving Distance!!!

I Gurantee This Ship Will "SAIL FULL" On All Of Her Sailings, From Bayone, N.J.!!!

As Some Might Not Want To Fly UP North To Sail Her, I For One Is TIRED Of Flying Down South To Sail!!!!

From Now On, I Will Only Fly To San Juan P.R., For Southern Caribbean, Or To Seatle Washington For Alaska!!!!!

I Will Continue To Sail From The NYC/Tri- State Areea, And/Or Sail From Baltiomore Md., And Boston Mass!!!!

Yeah!!!!! For NYC/ East Coast Cruisers!!! We Have NCL'S Breakaway, And RCL'S Quantum Of The Seas!!!!

Take That Haters!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Why Should Flordia Have All The Fun?? I'm So Glad Royal Caribbean Has Chose Cape Liberty, To Sail It's New Ship From!!!

This Port Has Over '50 MILLION PEOPLE' Within Driving Distance!!!

I Gurantee This Ship Will "SAIL FULL" On All Of Her Sailings, From Bayone, N.J.!!!

As Some Might Not Want To Fly UP North To Sail Her, I For One Is TIRED Of Flying Down South To Sail!!!!

From Now On, I Will Only Fly To San Juan P.R., For Southern Caribbean, Or To Seatle Washington For Alaska!!!!!

I Will Continue To Sail From The NYC/Tri- State Areea, And/Or Sail From Baltiomore Md., And Boston Mass!!!!

Yeah!!!!! For NYC/ East Coast Cruisers!!! We Have NCL'S Breakaway, And RCL'S Quantum Of The Seas!!!!

Take That Haters!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I completely agree! It is about time that the cruiselines are being made aware of the huge demand up here in the Northeast. I can't wait to sail on her!

Our last 3 cruises have been from east coast ports solely because of the lack of an additional $1500 in airfare to get my family to and from the south. Heck, the airfare savings alone paid for a good portion of the cruises themselves. ;)

No brainer. Obviously RCI sees and understands this given the Quantum homeport decision.

My only concern will be that Explorer was affordable. I fear (actually, it's allmost assured) that Quantum will command higher prices, therefore be less affordable - Grandeur will still be quite busy out of Baltimore, without doubt.

Cruising From NYC/ Tri- State Area, Is Going To Be Great For Us, East Coast Cruisers!!!

We Finally Have Multipule Choices, Carnivial Splendor, Norwegian Gem, And Breakaway, Royal Caribbean Quantum Of The Seas!!!

Hopefully We'll Also Have Some Compettive Prices!!!;)

Happy Sailing To All!!!!!

From NY you can sail to Bermuda, The Bahamas, Eastern and Southern Caribbean as well as Canada. Not to shabby to me!

From Florida The only additional ports that could be reached would be Mexico and Western Caribbean and maybe South America.

Either way, I can't wait for Quantum. Hoping to get on the Inaugural!

Cruising From NYC/ Tri- State Area, Is Going To Be Great For Us, East Coast Cruisers!!!

We Finally Have Multipule Choices, Carnivial Splendor, Norwegian Gem, And Breakaway, Royal Caribbean Quantum Of The Seas!!!

Hopefully We'll Also Have Some Compettive Prices!!!;)

Happy Sailing To All!!!!!

Sooo, I noticed that you and a couple of others (please feel free to respond) have been on SEVERAL RCCL and NCL. We are planning a celebration trip for our daughter who is graduating from nursing school. Prefer to cruise 6/2014. We will have 3 sets of late 40's parents, two in their 20's, two 17 and two 14. Based on your experience, would you expect NCL Breakaway, Getaway, RCCL Quantum (fingers crossed for Wicked!) or other RCCL (we've been in Independence) to be the best for this mix of travellers seeking a great time on the boat and in port? Keep in mind the 14's really want a great teen club. AND I would be totally interested in Allure but the ports are not so appealing based on our past travels. The NCL ports actually look a bit more of interest since we've been to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, Jamacia, Grand Cayman, and Bahamas.

It's hard to please just the men in our group (what am I saying, it's hard to even please my husband!) so I can understand why there is such friction on the boards regarding this boat vs that boat.

I'm just looking for an answer to "hey, what do you think?" :)

Living just over an hour away from the port, I too am so excited that Quantum will be sailing out of the NYC area!! My parents and dd were recently on the EOS. I couldn't believe how quickly they were home after they got off the ship. Not having to pay for airfare is such a plus. We are sailing out of Baltimore for the holidays for this reason.

I am excited about two70. It sounds like a great indoor space with great views of the sea. Sad to see that there is no Viking Crown Lounge though. I don't want to wait on line for the North Star for top of the ship views of the sea and hope RCI affords such a view in another venue yet to be announced. Bumper cars are my favorite amusement park attraction. I could ride them all day and think they are a fun addition to QOS.

Royal Caribbean International President and CEO Adam Goldstein called the Northeast “one of the most critical population centers of the world.” According to Skift, Goldstein said, “We felt like there was an opportunity to bring state-of-the-art capacity to the New York area going forward.”

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/new-royal-caribbean-cruise-ship-taking-off-from-bayonne-in-2014

Royal Caribbean International President and CEO Adam Goldstein called the Northeast “one of the most critical population centers of the world.” According to Skift, Goldstein said, “We felt like there was an opportunity to bring state-of-the-art capacity to the New York area going forward.”

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/new-royal-caribbean-cruise-ship-taking-off-from-bayonne-in-2014

And another reason not to Fly :)

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/04/furloughs_lead_to_major_flight.html#incart_river

Almost 49 million folks living within a 200 Mile radius of Cape Liberty :)

we hate Bayonne as it is now... a very substandard port, and the ship looks like it is a bit over the top....doesn't anyone just want to cruise????

That said,...the fact that we would not have to fly or get a pre-cruise hotel is very big plus....so I expect we will eventually give it a try.

Wish Celebrity would place an S class ship there...and renovate the port..but a new ship is better than none.! I think it will do well...

we hate Bayonne as it is now... a very substandard port, and the ship looks like it is a bit over the top....doesn't anyone just want to cruise????

That said,...the fact that we would not have to fly or get a pre-cruise hotel is very big plus....so I expect we will eventually give it a try.

Wish Celebrity would place an S class ship there...and renovate the port..but a new ship is better than none.! I think it will do well...

It was a treat sailing on the Sillihouette while she was here :)

Any news on updating the outdated terminal?

Been wondering about that myself . Was in a 45min traffic jam to get out of the taxi. And the little shuttle bus to the ship. Grrr

Denise

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Cant wait to sail on Quantum of the Seas outta Bayonne, NJ. So happy that they are bringing the new ship to the Northeast!! I live near Albany, NY so it'll be great to just drive to the port. Been on Voyager and Explorer outta Bayonne. So much easier to drive there, then to fly to Florida or elsewhere. Going on Jewel of the Seas next month outta San Juan, hoping to book Quantum of the Seas while on this ship to get my savings for booking while onboard the ship. Found somewhere that they may have a spa junior suite, would like to book that if the price is right. Hoping the prices wont be so expensive that I have to get a room with no view. Loving the new features that they will have Quantum, anyone know when the next update will be?

Cant wait to sail on Quantum of the Seas outta Bayonne, NJ. So happy that they are bringing the new ship to the Northeast!! I live near Albany, NY so it'll be great to just drive to the port. Been on Voyager and Explorer outta Bayonne. So much easier to drive there, then to fly to Florida or elsewhere. Going on Jewel of the Seas next month outta San Juan, hoping to book Quantum of the Seas while on this ship to get my savings for booking while onboard the ship. Found somewhere that they may have a spa junior suite, would like to book that if the price is right. Hoping the prices wont be so expensive that I have to get a room with no view. Loving the new features that they will have Quantum, anyone know when the next update will be?
Yes It Is Great To Have The Quantum Of The Seas!!! We Also Have Norwegian's Breakaway, Which I'm Sailing In October!!! I Just Hope The Quantum Prices Are NOT So Overpriced!!! I Will Like To Sail Her In Oct 2015!!! BTW, I'm Sailing The Jewel As Well, Next October For My Birthday!!! Enjoy The Jewel, And Post A Picture Review!!!:)