A couple of questions for Reedprincess.. & anyone else who can help

Xcitdcruiser

Hi Reedprincess, I wanted to thank you SO MUCH for helping on these boards. The information you've provided has been invaluable. I'm almost done finalising my plans for our day in St Lucia, but have some 'random' questions I thought i may ask...

Lunch at Jalousie Beach. It has come down to 2 x options - either having the food + drink provided by Spencer ($50 for both of us) or Salad, Smoothie + Sparkling provided by Sugar Beach ($75) as part of their Romantic Renaissance Spa package. I have some intolerances to food which Sugar has confirmed they can accomodate 9looks like lunch may be salads), but i don't want to miss out on 'authentic' cuisine provided by Spencer. I'd be pretty happy if i could just have the jerk chicken. (I'm unable to have gluten, diary + eggs). Spencer provides better value for money (lunch AND drinks) & authentic whereas Sugar would provide soemthing a little more refined. What would you recommend?

Has anyone tried either?

Spa at Sugar BeachI have noted that i should request Lucita and Duane for our couples massage. Are these the masseuse that you recommend? I just want to ensure that if they get recognition, I'm requesting the correct people!

Water taxi to Jalousie Beach In another post you mentioned that water taxi rates are regulated (very high!!) I assume there is an exception to those that provide tours, such as Spencer?

Do you know Spencer? If so, have you mentioned the mixed reviews he is getting? Like you mentioned, it sounds like he may be outgrowing the one man business & not being able to manage + tour at the same time. It would be a shame to see a small business not suceed due to success. Ironic isn't it..

And that is all I can think of right now! Thanking you in advance!

Hi Reedprincess, I wanted to thank you SO MUCH for helping on these boards. The information you've provided has been invaluable. I'm almost done finalising my plans for our day in St Lucia, but have some 'random' questions I thought i may ask...

Lunch at Jalousie Beach. It has come down to 2 x options - either having the food + drink provided by Spencer ($50 for both of us) or Salad, Smoothie + Sparkling provided by Sugar Beach ($75) as part of their Romantic Renaissance Spa package. I have some intolerances to food which Sugar has confirmed they can accomodate 9looks like lunch may be salads), but i don't want to miss out on 'authentic' cuisine provided by Spencer. I'd be pretty happy if i could just have the jerk chicken. (I'm unable to have gluten, diary + eggs). Spencer provides better value for money (lunch AND drinks) & authentic whereas Sugar would provide soemthing a little more refined. What would you recommend?

Has anyone tried either? Totally depends on what you want to eat. Lunch would probably be some kind of salad from SB. Spencer's lunch would include meat, noodles, rice, veggies/salad, ground provisions - sweet potato, plantain, dasheene, etc. and beans. It will be a typical Looshan plate lunch. Are you thinking of the beach break tour, with having the couples massage while there? That would be the most economical way to go.

Spa at Sugar BeachI have noted that i should request Lucita and Duane for our couples massage. Are these the masseuse that you recommend? I just want to ensure that if they get recognition, I'm requesting the correct people! Yes, those are the two to request, if you can get them. Tell Lucita Christina recommended you. Note that they don't set their schedules very far in advance (she doesn't know her schedule for next week yet!) all the masseuses are great, but those 2 are the best.

Water taxi to Jalousie Beach In another post you mentioned that water taxi rates are regulated (very high!!) I assume there is an exception to those that provide tours, such as Spencer? Tour providers operate differently than licensed water taxis. As he is providing a whole tour, with sightseeing, etc stops along the way, he is not acting as a water taxi.

Do you know Spencer? If so, have you mentioned the mixed reviews he is getting? Like you mentioned, it sounds like he may be outgrowing the one man business & not being able to manage + tour at the same time. It would be a shame to see a small business not suceed due to success. Ironic isn't it.. Unfortunately, no, I don't know him personally. I know people who know him (small island) but I personally do not. I do know he reads these boards and TripAdvisor, and hopefully will take some of the free time over the slow season to re-organize and either realize he can't do both - manage and tour guide - and hire some help, or start to limit the size of his tours.

And that is all I can think of right now! Thanking you in advance!

Hope that helps!!

Thank you!

With your help, i have a draft of my current plan - take Spencer's Beach Break Tour & have the couples massage whilst at the beach at SB.

Getting to the beach independently was VERY expnsive so it was logical to jump in with Spencer. I did contact a variety of tour providers but he was the most responsive. He was happy to accomodate my request for transfer only, but even for the inclusion of drinks it ends up being cheaper with him to go for the inclusive package.

Will be going ahead for a couples massage in a cabana - it looks wonderful! The price per person is actually similar to what the cruise ship is charging (off peak!) so we figure we get out there, see St Lucia, the famous Pitons & get pampered like a celebrity - without causing disruption to the local economy ;)

I will email SG now & place my request for Lucita & Duane so that it is on file. And when the time comes I will tell Lucita how awesome Christina is!

Thank you!

With your help, i have a draft of my current plan - take Spencer's Beach Break Tour & have the couples massage whilst at the beach at SB.

Getting to the beach independently was VERY expnsive so it was logical to jump in with Spencer. I did contact a variety of tour providers but he was the most responsive. He was happy to accomodate my request for transfer only, but even for the inclusion of drinks it ends up being cheaper with him to go for the inclusive package.

Will be going ahead for a couples massage in a cabana - it looks wonderful! The price per person is actually similar to what the cruise ship is charging (off peak!) so we figure we get out there, see St Lucia, the famous Pitons & get pampered like a celebrity - without causing disruption to the local economy ;)

I will email SG now & place my request for Lucita & Duane so that it is on file. And when the time comes I will tell Lucita how awesome Christina is!

I'm sure you'll have a great time. When is your cruise? I will pass on your info (if you want me to) to Lucita....would just need to know first name and when you're in St. Lucia, nothing else!

Have a great time, you won't be disappointed with Sugar Beach's spa - it is truly amazing.

Ok, I will be there 25 Feb. I know it's along way away, I'm a overplanner. My excuse is that this is my honeymoon & celebrating my 30th birthday so I don't want to miss out on anything as we may not get back to this side of the earth!

You can tell her to expect Nic, 25th feb in the morning. I am very excited!

Hello Cruise critic

I just fine out from friends reedprincess is Spencer daughter playing miss good information?

Interesting choice of words. You may have not had the time, or desire to scroll through the many posts that Reedprincess has dedicated time to but they are all well balanced, unbiased pieces of information that have helped hundreds of cruisers.

In fact, a few posts below Reedprincess actually states that she does not know Spencer personally.

Confused as to why you would bother posting this.

Hello Cruise critic

I just fine out from friends reedprincess is Spencer daughter playing miss good information?

Care to enlighten us on who you are - and which friends they may be? Lying about my ancestry and family ties helps no one. That would be a first for me - being the daughter of someone I have never met.

As it happens, I was born in the US to 2 wonderful parents who both live there still, and have no affiliation with Spencer or his tours or his family in any way, except knowing that he provide good value for money, and normally good service. I have also recommended other tour operators numerous times, including Cosol - who provides an excellent land tour, however Xcited wasn't interested in land tours due to motion sickness; Joe Knows, James Touring, Herod's, Simon Says, Franks Tours, Serenity TVL, Son of Man, SeaSpray Cruises, Mystic Man, Endless Summer, Bateau Mygo, Exodus, Tribute to the Lion, and so on are all excellent operators who provide different services. In earlier posts with you - I there recommended different companies based on the tour items you were interested in also Bettercup - as you were interested in the history of the Anglican church and different stops, no one tour company offered something along those lines, so I offered options of those that would be able to personalise - one option was SeaSpray, and James Touring, which apparently you booked with. Didn't even offer Spencer as an option once you described what you were looking for. There are many excellent providers of tours on St. Lucia and I don't hesitate to recommend any of them - however, in this specific case, Spencer's was the best fit for what Xcited was looking for.

I find it funny, in this day and age, that we resort to baseless claims for no reason. What would it matter whether I was Spencer's daughter or not (I am most emphatically not, but hat does it matter?) If you read my many posts, you will see I try to offer info based on what the cruiser is looking for - and that involves many tour operators, taxi drivers and prices, options of places to visit, costs, restaurants, etc. Whether I was Spencer's daughter would have no bearing on that info. But, for what it's worth, again, I am not, and have never been, and will never be, Spencer's daughter.

Have a wonderful time Xcited!! That's a longs ways away - you will definitely need to stay in touch with Sugar Beach about your massage package, and what therapists you would like - definitely refresh with them every 6 weeks or so. And have a wonderful time!

Bettercup - I do hope your tour with James was great and that you and your very large group had a wonderful time. Hope to see some reviews!

Archived