Seeking feedback on Connie to the Baltics

Turtles06

Hi folks, my spouse and I are seriously considering our first Baltics cruise for 2014. We very much like the itinerary that the Constellation does (RT out of Amsterdam, giving us a chance to spend extra time in a city we'd very much like to visit).... We haven't yet been on an M-class ship (we loved the Eclipse and the Celebrity experience), and realize this is a port-intensive cruise where the ship does not matter as much as the itinerary and the ports.

All that said, any reason not to take the Connie to the Baltics in 2014? Any advice, tips, etc., pros or cons, would be much appreciated. Cruise Critic is a great resource, and I appreciate being able to ask the experts!

Thanks in advance!

On a port intensive cruise I think the M class ships work fine. We were on Connie last fall for a European wine immersive, and look forward to trying her out this fall in AQ in Turkey and Greece. Although they lack some of the bells and whistles of the S class, they are very comfortable. Having fewer people on board also makes for shorter lines on and off the ship.

Also, Concierge Class or Aqua Class are slightly bigger cabins than regular verandahs on the M class, so they may be worth the price difference.

We are taking this cruise this year July 7th me this is my 50th birthday present for me - coming along Roger (51) my mom (74) and my 3 sons twins 16 and oldest 20. Yes this is port intensive and I thought I am sure a bit differently about the ship as last time we did RCI and that had lots of bells and whistles for the boys but this won and we are all excited - will let you know when I return. Working on our private tours now.

Sharon

We sail May 20 on the Connie to the Baltics. It will be our first Celebrity cruise and we were also skeptical as she is an older and smaller ship. We were just on the Allure last October and that ship is amazing. However, since this is such a port intensive cruise, I think the ship will be fine. On the Allure cruise, we made the ship our destination; this time the ship is where we sleep.:)

Hi folks, my spouse and I are seriously considering our first Baltics cruise for 2014. We very much like the itinerary that the Constellation does (RT out of Amsterdam, giving us a chance to spend extra time in a city we'd very much like to visit).... We haven't yet been on an M-class ship (we loved the Eclipse and the Celebrity experience), and realize this is a port-intensive cruise where the ship does not matter as much as the itinerary and the ports.

All that said, any reason not to take the Connie to the Baltics in 2014? Any advice, tips, etc., pros or cons, would be much appreciated. Cruise Critic is a great resource, and I appreciate being able to ask the experts!

Thanks in advance!

Not an expert, but I prefer the M Class ships over any that I have sailed on. I find them to be a good stable size with a very roomy feel.

Hopefully you have at least two days in St. Petersburg. I wouldn't book if only one.

Van Gough Museum is a must, but watch out for the coffee houses in Amsterdam.;) It is a beautiful city with taller than average people.:)

Tom

My friend and I did this cruise in June '11. It was great! Loved the ports and the ship. It was the first time on Connie, but I have sailed Summit 5x and Millenium once.

I will say the 7 days of walking tours, mostly on cobblestones, did a number on my feet and ankles, but it was worth it. On the last port day, the spa was giving free 5 min. massages on deck 10, which felt so good that on the last sea day, I booked a massage. Heaven!

It was the first time I had done that on a ship and it was wonderful.

You will love this cruise!

I did the Baltics on Connie a couple of years ago. This was before she was Solsticized and we had a wondeful time. I then did the Med cruise after the refit and she was again, wonderful.

I just did my first S class ship (Reflection) last Christmas and it was outstanding. Would I cruise M class again? Absolutely.

Thanks everyone!

We pulled the trigger --- we are going in 2014 and incredibly excited!!!

It's a long way off though... but I guess that means plenty of time to plan (which for me is part of the enjoyment of a trip like this) and to enjoy the anticipation! :)

Thanks again!

Archived