Zip lining... Cozumel or Jamaica?

aeh88

DH and I are on the Magic in 10 days. :D We have been trying to decide what we want to do in these ports and we have narrowed it down to an all-inclusive in one (my choice) and zip lining in the other (his choice). We are looking at booking the zip lining through Carnival. Has anyone been on zip lining excursions in both of these places? If not, has anyone done one of the Carnival zip lining excursions that they absolutely loved in either of these places? I tried looking at the port boards, but they don't have any sort of comparison between the two places. Any help would be appreciated.

With these two choices?

Jamaica all the way. You actually zip line thru a jungle.

Cozumel? You zip line from platform to platform above what they call a jungle. Really just a bunch of short trees.

With these two choices?

Jamaica all the way. You actually zip line thru a jungle.

Cozumel? You zip line from platform to platform above what they call a jungle. Really just a bunch of short trees.

Agreed. Jamaica has better topography for ziplining than Cozumel. Cozumel is just flat and sandy. Jamaica has mountains and jungle.

We did the canopy tour adventure in Jamaica 3 years ago. It was awesome. On the last zip you go across it is 1600 feet across and you can look down and see the river. We loved this excursion. I think there were 6 zips. The guides were friendly, fun, and had lots of information to share. The ride up to the rainforest was wild. They drive fast on a narrow, curvy road. After the excursion our driver took those who wanted to go to Margaritaville and shopping. He showed us the post office because we wanted to buy stamps and mail some postcards. He showed us stores where the people in them had his phone number in case we wanted to go back early or needed anything at all. We are leaving in 3 days on the Magic and we have booked it again.

In Cozmumel we have booked the twister which we haven't done. But it looks like fun.

Just packed and am so excited.

Archived