10th cruise - Platinum as we board?

Bibble

thanks for posting this. i, too, thought i needed about 12 more cruise days to qualify as platinum but my August cruise will be my 10th so i printed my passes and, sure enough, platinum and priority boarding. :D

I didn't realize that I could pull up my cruise docs already! I just did and mine says PRIORITY! WAHOOO!!!

you should be just fine. When it comes to their vip past cruisers, carnival is a pretty well-oiled machine. You will be directed to the vip lounge for final check-in as opposed to standing in that long cattle line, and you will receive your platinum card before you board. Hope you have a great time!

Wahooo! Thanks!!

Im cruising a B2B in Oct. The 1st leg is #9 and the second is #10. How does that work as far as priority. Thanks

I've heard tell that if you call Carnival and have your B2B cruises linked that there is a possibilty you'll get your priority/Platinum status throughout both. A couple of CCers said their's was issued across both cruises.

Or you could just ask your fellow B2Bers if you can walk back on in front of them on your second leg. That's what I'm gonna do. :p

Okay, so I went and booked cruise #10 in November.

Our friends are all jumping on the FTTF.

Has anyone NOT boarded as Platinum/VIP right on cruise #10? I don't want to wait to print my docs and not have VIP, and have FTTF sold out.

Please reassure me from your personal experience!!!

Thank you!

I have been Plat for some time but my husband boarded as Plat last May and had all the perks. No need to buy program.

Im cruising a B2B in Oct. The 1st leg is #9 and the second is #10. How does that work as far as priority. Thanks

I am wondering the same as well. For my October b2b I will be platinum on the second leg. My cruise docs still say gold for both but I have 2 more cruises before then to get me to platinum.

As for my girlfriend she will turn gold on the second leg of the b2b and the boarding pass for both legs already has her as gold.

Does anyone else have any experience with turning platinum on their second leg of a b2b?

Just wondering how this will work. I will probably have to wait till I get home from my 8th cruise to see of the docs change.

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy, happy, HAPPY for all the soon to be Platinum cruisers!! I love the feeling just walking in ahead of others.

If you are doing a B2B, be sure and inform the front desk that you will be Platinum on your 2nd leg of the cruise. I did a B2B2B on the Sensation to make mine...lol.

Melanie

So I had tried to pull up my boarding pass and can't until it's fully paid, but I accepted the "priority" on my luggage tags.

Today I decided to pull up the whole document, and there I am!!! Listed as PLATINUM!!!!! Yay me!!!

Truth be told, I didn't really book this cruise to get grandfathered, but when my group of friends realized that I would be platinum if we did Carnival rather than another line, they all decided we'd do this one.

I'm doing the happy dance now!!

So I am going on my 10th cruise and I am reading in this thread that $30 is put on our account for laundry. Is that all I can use this $30 for? I don't get many close dirty on a 4 day cruise....just curious if anyone has experience with this.

We just sailed our Platinum cruise on the Sensation.........LOVE the new pier at Port Canaveral!!! The whole process was great from start to finish.....We were actually the first guests to board the ship. There were already back to backers onboard but there were no wedding parties ahead of us and we didn't even get there that early......just timed it right.....My Son thought this was really cool!

Archived