10th cruise - Platinum as we board?

Bibble

Okay, so I went and booked cruise #10 in November.

Our friends are all jumping on the FTTF.

Has anyone NOT boarded as Platinum/VIP right on cruise #10? I don't want to wait to print my docs and not have VIP, and have FTTF sold out.

Please reassure me from your personal experience!!!

Thank you!

Yes you will be platinum when you board for cruise #10 since you will be platinum before the end of the year. I believe the cutoff date is if you are cruise #10 before the end of 2013.

We made platinum (cruise #10 back in December).

Enjoy your cruise and the platinum perks.

:)

Has anyone NOT boarded as Platinum/VIP right on cruise #10? I don't want to wait to print my docs and not have VIP, and have FTTF sold out.

Thank you!

our 10th cruise is in Sept. When I printed luggage tags, they state Priority and show fttf on them.

When we paid and printed boarding passes, it does show us as platinum and Priority.

It is your 10th cruise before the end of the year.

Thank you!

Check your boarding pass now. It should be marked.

Everyone has until 12/31/13 to get 10 cruises in to be eligible for the "10 cruises to become Platinum". After 12/31/13, it switches to "DAYS cruised".

I did the same thing as others and booked a 2 day CTN, which will be my 9th, so on my September cruise on the Splendor, I will be PLATINUM:D

Thank you all for your information. I do understand that I will be Platinum ON my 10th cruise.

I was wondering if anyone had arrived at #10, and not boarded as VIP.

Check your boarding pass now. It should be marked.

I did just go through my online checkin, and can see my luggage tags (but not my boarding pass). They do say PRIORITY - yay me!!! So I guess I'm in :)

I didn't realize I could see them already, without having done final payment - I've never tried.. THANK YOU!!!

Thank you all for your information. I do understand that I will be Platinum ON my 10th cruise.

I did just go through my online checkin, and can see my luggage tags (but not my boarding pass). They do say PRIORITY - yay me!!! So I guess I'm in :)

I didn't realize I could see them already, without having done final payment - I've never tried.. THANK YOU!!!

You also can see the info on your Cruise Docs. You can't see your boarding pass until you pay off the cruise.

I just did my 10th and it says prioty? when we got to the docks the men who take your luggage put a special tag on it and place it in a different bin....and by the time i had got on the ship my luggage was outside my room and i was able to go to my cabin......because me and my husband became plantium we both got 30 dollars in account to send clothes to laundry...that is 15 dollars per laundry bag....if you dont use it u lose it... and we got chocolate covered strawberries deliver to our room

I booked my 10th cruise a few weeks ago and was told by the Carnival agent that they don't go by how many cruises you take any more, they now go by how many days you have cruised so according to her I need to cruise like 49 more days in order to get VIP :mad:

I booked my 10th cruise a few weeks ago and was told by the Carnival agent that they don't go by how many cruises you take any more, they now go by how many days you have cruised so according to her I need to cruise like 49 more days in order to get VIP :mad:

Don't worry Gail, she was misinformed. You can look it up on Carnivals website. 10 sailed by the end of the year is Platinum.

Sailed is the catch, you can't just book, you have to sail too.

I see you found them--I was going to advise you to look at your documents. I'll be Platinum on my next cruise and my docs show that as do our luggage tags.

ENJOY!!

Don't worry Gail, she was misinformed. You can look it up on Carnivals website. 10 sailed by the end of the year is Platinum.

Sailed is the catch, you can't just book, you have to sail too.

When I log on to CCL's website it says that I have 47 VIFP Points and that I have 28 MORE VIFP Points until I'm Platinum

<H2>Earning benefits in the new VIFP Club is easy peasy.

(Whatever “peasy” means.)</H2>howitworkspeople.ashx <H3>What do I have to do?

If you’ve never cruised before, sign up now to hear about great members-only fares and promotions. If you’ve been on board before, you’re already a member. Just activate your profile to make sure all your information is up-to-date and to find out your VIFP Club membership level.

› View Special Offers

Start cruising

and start earning

To earn VIFP Points, all you have to do is cruise!

For every day you sail with Carnival, you earn one VIFP Point. So a 5-day Caribbean cruise? Five VIFP Points. 7-day Alaska cruise? Seven VIFP Points. See? There’s no difficult math involved.

The more you cruise, the more VIFP Points you get. The more VIFP Points you get, the faster you’ll move into the next level of the program. Hurray!

howitworkspoints.ashx

Easy to join. Even easier to advance.

Blue First sailing

Red 2nd sailing – 24 points

Gold 25–74 Points

Platinum 75–199 Points

Diamond 200+ Points

</H3>

When I log on to CCL's website it says that I have 47 VIFP Points and that I have 28 MORE VIFP Points until I'm Platinum

From my VIFP page: Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Complete a total of 10 or more lifetime cruises by December 31, 2013, and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club. Yours should say the same.

Try this link Gail. ;)

It's under "I was only a sail or two away from ..."

Q. I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

A. We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

Try this link Gail. ;)

It's under "I was only a sail or two away from ..."

Q. I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

A. We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

Well that's interesting. So I SHOULD be VIP on my cruise in August???? That would be AWESOME!!!

Only the people staying in your cabin get early embarkation. The loophole to that is if you add people from other cabins onto your credit card.

Interesting! Actually, some of the other people will be on our credit card. Hmmmm..... Thanks for the tidbit!

Yes, your traveling guests that are with you as your board and debark will be priority! I was concerned about this since I had DD and grands and friends but we all were ushered together to VIP boarding!

You should be just fine. When it comes to their VIP past cruisers, Carnival is a pretty well-oiled machine. You will be directed to the VIP lounge for final check-in as opposed to standing in that long cattle line, and you will receive your platinum card before you board. Hope you have a great time!

Archived