Punchliner Brunch

Swayde

I was on the Miracle last week for the Mexican Riviera. I'm not sure what time the Punchliner Brunch starts, but it ended at 1:30pm. Sea Days had the brunch, and Port days had a traditional breakfast in the main dining room. Lunch was served on the Lido deck in Horatio's restaurant every day. Buffet breakfast was also served every day at Horatio's.

Don't expect too much from the Punchliner Brunch. It's a different menu (which you may or may not like, but at least it still has Eggs Benedict.) The "Punchliner" part with comedians happens every hour on the hour and the comedian literally does maybe 3 minutes of a show. The intro is longer than the comedian's part.

The food looks good, so I would like to go to it, but just wondering how it works out with the times and all since it's our first time on a ship that has this.

I think most ships have settled on the 9am to 1:30pm time frame. With the 10 minute comedian routine starting on the hour at 11am.

You can still get a pretty traditional breakfast even at punchliners. I usually get a combination omlette with a side of hollandaise sauce, pork sausage and hashbrowns.

They serve a basket of pastries and sweet breads in the morning and around 11ish they start serving a basket of Parmessan Popovers.

For lunch the Farfalle with Mushroom Cream Sauce is excellent, but I really miss the Hay and Straw that they served at the regular lunch.

We were on the Miracle in March for a 10 day cruise. There were 5 sea days and at dinner time on the 4th sea day when they announced in the main diining room that there would be traditional breakfast and lunch instead of Punchliner Brunch on the last sea day, everyone applauded! Everyone was really tired of the Brunch and had requested the change and they listened. The comedians are dreadful because: most people can't see them, they spend most of the allotted time introducing themselves and giving the times of their evening comedies, they might tell one joke or, most often, they just ask a few people where they're from. That's it. Not really their fault, just not well thought out. As for the brunch itself, a lot of people didn't feel there was enough variety of things most people like to warrant having it 5 of the 10 days at sea. I had the petit fillet one lunch and my husband had it the next day and the plates were like day and night. The potatoes were different, I had no Bernaise sauce (and didn't think of it being missing til next day when I saw his sauce, just thought my meat was tasteless) and other differences which I've forgotten now. We were there at lunch time and never saw those parmesan popovers someone mentioned so I guess they did away with those. We got a huge plate with a variety of breads just for the two of us. We had one each and I wondered if they have to throw the rest away afterwards in case we touched them. Another person mentioned that if they even changed the soup on the menu each day, they would have enjoyed it more.

Thank you all for the info. It sounds like I'll be ordering breakfast from room service or doing the buffet. Waiting until 9am pacific time, which would be like noon to my body clock would kill me lol. But it does sound nice for lunch, although I will really miss the tuna salad baguette I get for lunch all the time on other ships, but if I remember right there is tuna salad available from the deli so it might not be so bad. I can only see 2, maybe 3 days we'd do this in Alaska. We have our first balcony anyway so good time to do breakfast and/or lunch on it!

Maybe if we time it right we can miss the comedy portion. I've read that the steak is really good & both bread baskets are also very good. Since I could live on bread alone I will definitely have to try & probably devour both of the bread baskets. So it looks like I will be making at least 2 trips to the punchliners. brunch. Splendor 5/17...4 weeks from today.

Maybe if we time it right we can miss the comedy portion. I've read that the steak is really good & both bread baskets are also very good. Since I could live on bread alone I will definitely have to try & probably devour both of the bread baskets. So it looks like I will be making at least 2 trips to the punchliners. brunch. Splendor 5/17...4 weeks from today.

Or just ignore the comedians. If you are not nearby they are just noise.

Archived