25 day cruise?

FLOURTOWN

We have a chance to travel from an 11 day Honolulu to Ensenada then a 14 day Ensenada to

Fort Lauderdale cruise next year. We love to cruise. The most we have ever done is 14 days. Is 25 days too long? The Panama Canal

trip is already booked and the Hawaii cruise is

on hold until Wednesday. Help, Thank You.

If you really love sea days then this would be "hog heaven" for anyone that loves cruising. You didn't say what ship(s) this 25 day adventure would involve--keep in mind the smaller the ship the more possibility of rough seas making it a bit more rocky/rollie than usual. That being said, I'd go for it if cruising is your favorite mode of travel.

I did two 14-days b2b, Sydney to Singapore, Singapore to Hong Kong. This is the longest cruise I have done, usually do 14, 16, 18 days. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip but must admit that after 28 days, I was ready to get off, come home, and check my mail!

I have never cruised longer than 14 days, but if I had the opportunity to cruise for 25 days, I would do it in a heart beat. Go ahead and enjoy both cruises and your days at sea.

HAPPY SAILING!!!!!

I have sailed for a month on the Mercury,the Millennium and will be on the Constellation this August. A month cruise is wonderful. You will relax and see some interesting ports. Sea days are my favorite to use the gym and sauna. You can read, meet new friends and enjoy yourself.Have a great time!!!!

Sounds wonderful. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity. I imagine you have to find a different pace though to "survive" that long of a cruise. Sure don't think I could keep up the eating frenzy that I sometimes go on during a shorter cruise. If you do it, please let us know how it went.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;25;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I would book it in a heart beat. We did 21 days on Infinity on the Hawaii Ensenad to Hnl and Hnl to Ensenada. Might consider the same itenierary you are doing.

Karen & Paul kmbix56@wmconnect.com

8_3_23.gif

http://community.webshots.com/album/124134511FOjEih

Galaxy B2B 10/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;16;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mercury 03/04

Radiance 01/04

Summit 09/03, Infinity B2B Hawaii 03/03,Infinity 10/02,

Maasdam 07/02, Sun Princess 03/02,Maasdam 11/01,Statendam 07/01,Dolphin 1990?

I just did b2b on Galaxy 21 nights. I could easily have done more. Loved it. My boyfriend said from now on only b2b's. Sounds great to me, he pays I pack. Can't beat it. Have a truly wonderful time.

Jill

If you've got the time and the dough -- GO FOR IT!!!! I was on two long cruises (4 weeks and 6 weeks) as a kid, back when ships were barely a quarter the size of what they are now, and I have NOTHING but great memories ... if this message board had been around in the olden days, the slug line would be more like "IS A WEEK TOO SHORT?" icon_smile.gif

Have a GREAT time ...

TR

Millennium 12/12/04

Mercury 4/04, Infinity 8/03, Century 3/03 & 9/02

Statendam (IV) '70

Princess Carla '69

Matson Mariposa '67

Flourtown:

We did this exact b2b last October. I was in hog heaven and didn't want to get off in FL; but it was too many sea days for my DW.

Lee (EMail)

Song of America -1996

Zenith -1997

Zenith -1998

Mercury (b2b) -1999

Enchantment of the Seas (b2b) -2000

Infinity -2001

Summit (b2b) -2002

Infinity (b2b) -2003

Summit -2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;1;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-700

Cruisegirl makes an excellent point about pacing yourself. On longer cruises, I have developed a routine of decent breakfast, salad lunch, then anything I want for dinner. If I hadn't maintained that plan, I would have had to disembark on the conveyor belt from the cargo hold.

One of the good things (or bad things depending upon your point of view) about a long cruise is that there will be some repetition in the food and the entertainment. With only 14 menues this will mean that you should pace yourself and realize that you don't have to have everything the first go-around. Maybe lobster first night and prime rib the second ( What the heck, go for surf and turf BOTH nights)

Same logic would apply to shows.

Boy, to take off a whole month!

We are 3B'ing Venice to Barcelona to Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale this fall. 40 days. We didn't plan it that way, but Celebrity stuck a Barcelona R/T in the middle of our 2B, so we decided "why not?" Some ports are duplicated, but each had multiple choices anyway.

The biggest problem I foresee is the onboard dead-time since all shows, sales etc. will probably be duplicated on each leg. I may have to take up shuffleboard yet.

Roger and Jo in San Diego

3B'ing on Millennium October 12 - November 21.

We are 3B'ing Venice to Barcelona to Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale this fall. 40 days. We didn't plan it that way, but Celebrity stuck a Barcelona R/T in the middle of our 2B, so we decided "why not?" Some ports are duplicated, but each had multiple choices anyway.

The biggest problem I foresee is the onboard dead-time since all shows, sales etc. will probably be duplicated on each leg. I may have to take up shuffleboard yet.

Roger and Jo in San Diego

3B'ing on Millennium October 12 - November 21.

FLOURTOWN, good thing you booked it icon_smile.gif.

Having done a 25 day cruise from Cape Town to Istanbul I am sure you will enjoy it. 25 days is better than anything shorter. You get to settle in with the routines that you prefer. It is much more relaxing than a short cruise. Not for a moment did I wish it to be shorter.

The only problem, as I see it, is that going on a really long cruise makes one-week cruises less tempting in the future.

re: food and weight gain. On cruises of 42 and 64 days I gained less than 3 pounds. On a three night one I gained 3 pounds. On long cruises (which I LOVE) I actually get tired of the food nother matter how good it is, and cut way back after the first week or so. I still eat very well, but without as many rich sauces, smaller portions, etc. A few nights I only order a salad and a baked potato. On a short cuise I eat as if there were no tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wander:

re: food and weight gain. On cruises of 42 and 64 days I gained less than 3 pounds. On a three night one I gained 3 pounds. On long cruises (which I LOVE) I actually get tired of the food nother matter how good it is, and cut way back after the first week or so. I still eat very well, but without as many rich sauces, smaller portions, etc. A few nights I only order a salad and a baked potato. On a short cuise I eat as if there were no tomorrow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many of your table mates had heart attacks when you ordered only a salad and baked potato? I would have loved to see those faces!

Archived