Welcome back to Southampton...Indy!!!

4 weeks today I'll be boarding her for my first ever cruise holiday...Woohooo!

Who else is cruising on Indy from Southampton this year? :-)

We are on the same cruise to Norway. Not our first cruise but our

first with RCI and our first outside the Med.

Counting down the days...

Alan g.

My DH and I will also be on the November 2nd cruise for our third Indy TA. We will spend a week in Dundee before the cruise and then thoroughly enjoy our long sea days.

Sheila

That's the one we'll be on! Any tips? We're newbies. (I've been on one taster cruise - Princess - but nobody else in our party has cruised at all.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

Meeeeeee!! on the 16th July for our 14 night Med cruise (first ever cruise) cant wait :)

Tink, don't miss the ship. We sail on the 13th July and will be in Gib on the 16th. Lol!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My DH and I will also be on the November 2nd cruise for our third Indy TA. We will spend a week in Dundee before the cruise and then thoroughly enjoy our long sea days.

Sheila

Enjoy Dundee, its a great base to explore the area. :D

Just back from the TA to Southampton . Been nearly 5 years since I sailed on her last (June 2008) . She was looking good . Some cabling work for the pervasive Wifi was being completed on the crossing. Didn't interfere with passenger activities.

Enjoy your summer cruises , I'm back on her in December

Bryce

I wonder if anyone can tell me something :rolleyes:

I have booked a grand suite on deck 10 on Indy at the front port side and very much excited :D

Anyway, I have noticed that on the deck above is the whirlpool that hangs over the edge of the ship. Will it be possible for people in the whirlpool to see onto the balcony or will the balcony be darker for having the whirlpool above it (not quite sure if it is directly above or to one side).

Some of you sound like you have been on board many times so I am hoping that it is possible to answer this :)

Many thanks

Ooh how exciting - 98 days out for us until our first EVER cruise on Indy to the Spanish Med on the 28th July - now officially super excited...!!!!! :)

Hi Patsystone1972, You are so excited you got the day wrong - its the 27th not the 28th :D. We're on the same cruise. See you onboard.

I have booked a grand suite on deck 10 on Indy at the front port side and very much excited :D

Anyway, I have noticed that on the deck above is the whirlpool that hangs over the edge of the ship. Will it be possible for people in the whirlpool to see onto the balcony or will the balcony be darker for having the whirlpool above it (not quite sure if it is directly above or to one side).

Some of you sound like you have been on board many times so I am hoping that it is possible to answer this :)

Many thanks

We had a grand suite on deck 10 last year. Depending on which GS you are in, people could possibly see into your balcony but they would have to really lean over. We didn't have any issues with it at all. The balcony isn't darker either for having a whirlpool above it.

We had a grand suite on deck 10 last year. Depending on which GS you are in, people could possibly see into your balcony but they would have to really lean over. We didn't have any issues with it at all. The balcony isn't darker either for having a whirlpool above it.

That is great news - thank you so much for reassuring me :D :D

Thinking of sailing Independence next April,have done Freedom twice and Oasis,but Indy seems to get more unfavourable reviews than Freedom of the Seas.Aren"t they exactly the same and if so why the differences in reviews?

Hi Patsystone1972, You are so excited you got the day wrong - its the 27th not the 28th :D. We're on the same cruise. See you onboard.

Ignore me - I'm losing the plot today!! We're sailing on the 13th July and get back on the 27th. I desperately need a holiday :confused:

Many thanks

The Grand Suite immediately under the whirlpool is 1564 as you are further along towards the front Mary it should not bother you at all have been in 1568 just along from it and it was not a problem.

The Grand Suite immediately under the whirlpool is 1564 as you are further along towards the front Mary it should not bother you at all have been in 1568 just along from it and it was not a problem.

Thank you so much Heather - that is very comforting to know. It is so hard from looking at the deck plans to work it out but I now feel totally happy :D

Archived