Which hotel

Reader0108598

Be sure and check the price of your rooms AFTER the taxes are added in.

I initially booked BW+ for our upcoming cruise and got what I thought was a good price ($159 per night X 2) until I looked at the taxes and fees for a two night stay was $97 :eek:

It doesn't seem to be an "across the board" type thing because other places had their taxes and fees quoted at MUCH less for the two nights.

We ended up booking at Le Consulate on Calle Magdellena for $108 per night after discount with the taxes being $19.44 for the 2 nights. :D Might be worth looking into although it does look to be more utilitarian than posh. The Tripadvisor reviews are very good for it though.

Be sure and check the price of your rooms AFTER the taxes are added in.

I initially booked BW+ for our upcoming cruise and got what I thought was a good price ($159 per night X 2) until I looked at the taxes and fees for a two night stay was $97 :eek:

It doesn't seem to be an "across the board" type thing because other places had their taxes and fees quoted at MUCH less for the two nights.

We ended up booking at Le Consulate on Calle Magdellena for $108 per night after discount with the taxes being $19.44 for the 2 nights. :D Might be worth looking into although it does look to be more utilitarian than posh. The Tripadvisor reviews are very good for it though.

Yes san Juan hotels are a bit different than what I am used to booking. All these extra fees I wish they would just includ them. It is harder to comparison shop. Resort fees are also charged by some hotels :rolleyes:

Thanks for the hotel suggestion :) I booked Raddison in condado on Hotwire for one night post cruise, very happy with that price!

Still need three nights Pre cruise,I would like to stay in Isla Verde.

Reader

Embassy is having a sale right now if you look at the website - $139 a night

We had caught a previous sale and got the same price

We also got a great rate at the Condado Palm Inn and Suites - $116. You can get a better rate than posted rate by calling them direct and asking for a better rate.

The above rates dont include the taxes and resort fees - but we felt these were decent rates for the kind of hotel we were looking for. Both of these hotels include a breakfast - and of course the Embassy has the managers reception with free cocktails in the evenings.

Embassy is having a sale right now if you look at the website - $139 a night

We had caught a previous sale and got the same price

We also got a great rate at the Condado Palm Inn and Suites - $116. You can get a better rate than posted rate by calling them direct and asking for a better rate.

The above rates dont include the taxes and resort fees - but we felt these were decent rates for the kind of hotel we were looking for. Both of these hotels include a breakfast - and of course the Embassy has the managers reception with free cocktails in the evenings.

Hi IMsailing

Thanks for the info :) 139.00 does not show up for my dates,on the Embassy and I need three nights. I will probaly book the Embassy but I think I want a higher floor as we go in fairly early at night. So I am looking at 154.00 :(. I know not that expensive but I am used to fort lauderdale and hotwire...lol spoiled!

Reader

Also try checking a website called Gustazo. It's like Groupon for the PR. There are some awesome deals there. The site is in Spanish, but there is an option for English in the upper right hand corner.

You can also try priceline. We were initially booked at CY Marriott Isla Verder for $225 for one night post cruise. Didn't want to pay that so we bid $89 for a "resort," and got the El San Juan in Isla Verde. I believe that after all was said and done, it came to $120 with taxes and fees. Just be ready to add an additional 16% when bidding on priceline to account for the "resort" fee.

Hope you find an awesome deal!

Also try checking a website called Gustazo. It's like Groupon for the PR. There are some awesome deals there. The site is in Spanish, but there is an option for English in the upper right hand corner.

You can also try priceline. We were initially booked at CY Marriott Isla Verder for $225 for one night post cruise. Didn't want to pay that so we bid $89 for a "resort," and got the El San Juan in Isla Verde. I believe that after all was said and done, it came to $120 with taxes and fees. Just be ready to add an additional 16% when bidding on priceline to account for the "resort" fee.

Hope you find an awesome deal!

Thanks so much maritaysa, Love groupon :) Will check out the Gustazo site.

Archived