Itineraries, where and when?

Hi,

I am very excited to see Quantum leaving from Jersey as it is just 15 minutes from where I live. I've sailed Explorer 3 times and I'm ready for a new ship and some new itineraries.

My question though is, where am I sailing when I want to go?

We are not looking to do the inaugural sailing, but would like to travel the inaugural season. I'd like to book as soon as its open for Crown and Anchor members to do so. I'm interested in more then one itinerary but they haven't said when those will be during the year. Should we assume the 12 nights will be in the winter? Will the summer feature one week cruises to the Bahamas? Come on Royal, I need date details! It's a little over a month until bookings open and I need to know when I'm going and where.

Does anyone know when the details of the sailing dates are coming?

Hi,

I am very excited to see Quantum leaving from Jersey as it is just 15 minutes from where I live. I've sailed Explorer 3 times and I'm ready for a new ship and some new itineraries.

My question though is, where am I sailing when I want to go?

We are not looking to do the inaugural sailing, but would like to travel the inaugural season. I'd like to book as soon as its open for Crown and Anchor members to do so. I'm interested in more then one itinerary but they haven't said when those will be during the year. Should we assume the 12 nights will be in the winter? Will the summer feature one week cruises to the Bahamas? Come on Royal, I need date details! It's a little over a month until bookings open and I need to know when I'm going and where.

Itineraries, of which there are three, will be included in this link http://quantumoftheseas.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/deck-plans/

I asked on Adam's Blog about the itinerary and date for the Inaugural, the reply I got was -

"Hi Elizabeth, Quantum of the Seas will offer 7- to 12-night itineraries during the winter 2014/15 season. We’ll be announcing ports of call in the coming month."

So looks like we have to wait a bit longer to get all the exact details on the dates/ports.

I asked on Adam's Blog about the itinerary and date for the Inaugural, the reply I got was -

"Hi Elizabeth, Quantum of the Seas will offer 7- to 12-night itineraries during the winter 2014/15 season. We’ll be announcing ports of call in the coming month."

So looks like we have to wait a bit longer to get all the exact details on the dates/ports.

They printed a brochure describing 3 Itineraries which includes ports.........is this information not correct?:(

The itineraries seem to be changing. If you pick any of the animated graphics on the itinerary site, the stills at the bottom show San Juan in the Bahamas. My guess is that there were late changes shortly before the roll out and they only updated the animated graphic and not the stills. It wouldn't surprise me if further changes were made before they go on sail.

http://quantumoftheseas.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/itineraries/11-nights-eastern-caribbean/

They printed a brochure describing 3 Itineraries which includes ports.........is this information not correct?:(

I don't think its incorrect, but it does seem to be changing as Keasel suggests. Also its not set date wise, which is more my concern. Like I said, I'm not looking for inaugural sailing, but for season. I'm looking for summer cruise most likely. I booked Oasis as soon as it opened, but since those itineraries don't change and they are all one week, its possible that's why they let you book the summer cruises right away. Maybe they're only going to open Quantum for the winter cruises May 27?

I don't think its incorrect, but it does seem to be changing as Keasel suggests. Also its not set date wise, which is more my concern. Like I said, I'm not looking for inaugural sailing, but for season. I'm looking for summer cruise most likely. I booked Oasis as soon as it opened, but since those itineraries don't change and they are all one week, its possible that's why they let you book the summer cruises right away. Maybe they're only going to open Quantum for the winter cruises May 27?

I agree and seems to be a pattern with RCI.:D

But the brochure does not say on what dates they will be visiting the ports...it just says 12 night ports, 7 night ports etc but no actual dates as to when she will be visiting those ports.

But the brochure does not say on what dates they will be visiting the ports...it just says 12 night ports, 7 night ports etc but no actual dates as to when she will be visiting those ports.

Gosh darn it. Why do they make it so confusing?????

I missed the 12 night Southern Caribbean. :o So that must mean that there will be 4 different itineraries to select from....

7-8 Night Bahamas

8 Night Eastern Caribbean

11 Night Eastern Caribbean

12 Night Southern Caribbean

I am curious as to opinions on how many nights the inaugural/maiden/first revenue cruise will be and will it be one the itineraries posted on the website.

I have been thinking about this too.

We know she is scheduled to call into St.Marten on 12/5/14,so looking at the itineraries that only happens on the 12 night southern caribbean sailing.

So I was trying to count back from 12/5/14 to try and work out when she may be leaving Bayonne but having never sailed from Bayonne, I don't know how long it normally takes from there to Labadee the first port of call.:confused:

I think though if they have the 12 night as the Inaugural that will put the prices way way high...so will they perhaps then make it a 7-8 night Inaugural.:confused:

Edited to add...just noticed the 11 night has St.Marten also.

I am curious as to opinions on how many nights the inaugural/maiden/first revenue cruise will be and will it be one the itineraries posted on the website.

I think, in my opinion, it will be a 7-8 night sailing for the maiden cruise. Like Elizanessie said, if they do the 12 night one it might make pricing too high for a lot of people

I have been thinking about this too.

We know she is scheduled to call into St.Marten on 12/5/14,so looking at the itineraries that only happens on the 12 night southern caribbean sailing.

So I was trying to count back from 12/5/14 to try and work out when she may be leaving Bayonne but having never sailed from Bayonne, I don't know how long it normally takes from there to Labadee the first port of call.:confused:

I think though if they have the 12 night as the Inaugural that will put the prices way way high...so will they perhaps then make it a 7-8 night Inaugural.:confused:

Edited to add...just noticed the 11 night has St.Marten also.

I have been thinking that as well Liz that a 12 night is not a usual inaugural lsailing time. I had thought about the St Maarten port day in early December. That could be the second sailing. My gut tells me a shorter inaugural sailing like 7-8 days say with a date of about Nov 27 or so. Just me thinking out loud :)

I think, in my opinion, it will be a 7-8 night sailing for the maiden cruise. Like Elizanessie said, if they do the 12 night one it might make pricing too high for a lot of people

Tending to agree as well Chris as I posted. :)

Can someone tell me please when is Thanksgiving in 2014 :confused:

I am thinking they won't do the Inaugural over Thanksgiving...maybe they will do Pre-Inaugurals at that time...if I remember correctly they did a 3 night pre-inaugural sailing with Allure over Thanksgiving in 2010.

An Inaugural over Thanksgiving would push the prices up too.

Can someone tell me please when is Thanksgiving in 2014 :confused:

I am thinking they won't do the Inaugural over Thanksgiving...maybe they will do Pre-Inaugurals at that time...if I remember correctly they did a 3 night pre-inaugural sailing with Allure over Thanksgiving in 2010.

An Inaugural over Thanksgiving would push the prices up too.

Liz although not American I do know that US Thanksgiving is the last Thursday of November which would be Nov 27/14

Liz although not American I do know that US Thanksgiving is the last Thursday of November which would be Nov 27/14

Thanks Emmy :) ok so I think we need to add that info into our calculations :D

We can expect them to do maybe 10 days of pre-inaugurals/naming etc...so if she is in St.Marten on 12/5/14 then I think perhaps the Inaugural will be maybe be mid November :confused: ..with as you said the Inaugural being a 7 or 8 night sailing.

Emmy, Thanksgiving falls on the fourth Thursday in November which, depending on the year, is not always the last Thursday of the month. It does, though, in 2013 and 2014.

That means we can sail aboard her sooner! :D

And that was an issue with one of the recent New Builds from X, The vessel was ready several weeks early and the initial Inagural date was changed :)

Emmy, Thanksgiving falls on the fourth Thursday in November which, depending on the year, is not always the last Thursday of the month. It does, though, in 2013 and 2014.

Thanks for clarification Patty..:) I did look up the date for 2014 and it is saying Nov 27. So 4th Thursday of November gotcha !

Archived