Itineraries, where and when?

RCCL booking shows explorer sailing on a 5 night Nov. 1, 2014 and nothing else for November. I am thinking that the inaugural will be shortly after that??? I plan on cruising on her in spring 2015, hopefully. Cant wait for her to be in NJ.

I wonder if its ready early if they can have two ships in at once.

Seems to me if She is sailing out of NJ then there will not be many ports as it takes a long sail in the Atlantic (ugh) to get to the islands. I am not a fan of sailing in the Atlantic so guess I will hope they will eventually homeport her in the south for a few voyages. But happy for those who live near there if you like it.

Seems to me if She is sailing out of NJ then there will not be many ports as it takes a long sail in the Atlantic (ugh) to get to the islands. I am not a fan of sailing in the Atlantic so guess I will hope they will eventually homeport her in the south for a few voyages. But happy for those who live near there if you like it.

They're never going to abandon the NY market. Too much money to be made. And since its so enclosed, I doubt either boat will go South to home port. I agree with most people saying Anthem will be an all season

Mediterranean Ship and Quantum will remain in NJ to compete with Breakaway and to cater to the market of those who live in NY and don't care to fly.

Royal Caribbean has unveiled the itineraries for its planned Quantum of the Seas megaship for 2014-2015, with a host of Caribbean destinations.

The ship’s 11-night Eastern Caribbean trip, leaving out of Cape Liberty, New Jersey, will travel to Haiti’s Labadee, San Juan Puerto Rico, Charlotte Amalie in the US Virgin Islands, Philipsburg in St Maarten and Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis.

The 11-night Southern Caribbean trip will visit Haiti’s Labadee, San Juan, Philipsburg, Basseterre, Martinique’s Fort-de-France and Barbados’ Bridgetown.

Its eight-night Eastern Caribbean trip visits Labadee, San Juan and Samana in the Dominican Republic.

And it’s seven or eight night Bahamas cruise visits stops in Royal Caribbean’s Cococay and Nassau.

The ship will be based in Cape Liberty.

http://www.caribjournal.com/2013/04/20/martinique-st-kitts-among-destinations-for-quantum-of-the-seas/

Thanks Emmy :) ok so I think we need to add that info into our calculations :D

We can expect them to do maybe 10 days of pre-inaugurals/naming etc...so if she is in St.Marten on 12/5/14 then I think perhaps the Inaugural will be maybe be mid November :confused: ..with as you said the Inaugural being a 7 or 8 night sailing.

Since they are doing a few "pre-inaugurals" first is it also possible that the inaugural won't be one of the standard itineraries and may sail out of a different port? Or is the inaugural supposed to be the first of the standard sailings?

If it is our of the NY area I am interested in the inaugural as well. Never was interested before but Quantum has my interest tweeked... :)

Rich

Royal Caribbean has unveiled the itineraries for its planned Quantum of the Seas megaship for 2014-2015, with a host of Caribbean destinations.

The ship’s 11-night Eastern Caribbean trip, leaving out of Cape Liberty, New Jersey, will travel to Haiti’s Labadee, San Juan Puerto Rico, Charlotte Amalie in the US Virgin Islands, Philipsburg in St Maarten and Basseterre, St Kitts and Nevis.

The 11-night Southern Caribbean trip will visit Haiti’s Labadee, San Juan, Philipsburg, Basseterre, Martinique’s Fort-de-France and Barbados’ Bridgetown.

Its eight-night Eastern Caribbean trip visits Labadee, San Juan and Samana in the Dominican Republic.

And it’s seven or eight night Bahamas cruise visits stops in Royal Caribbean’s Cococay and Nassau.

The ship will be based in Cape Liberty.

http://www.caribjournal.com/2013/04/20/martinique-st-kitts-among-destinations-for-quantum-of-the-seas/

We're more curious about the dates of these itineraries.

With this being an all seasons boat, are the pools heated and covered?

Not sure about heated, but the renderings seem to indicate all but one are covered. I believe I read the Solarium will have a retractable roof and the H2O zone will also be covered.

Since they are doing a few "pre-inaugurals" first is it also possible that the inaugural won't be one of the standard itineraries and may sail out of a different port? Or is the inaugural supposed to be the first of the standard sailings?

If it is our of the NY area I am interested in the inaugural as well. Never was interested before but Quantum has my interest tweeked... :)

Rich

Hi Rich, the pre-inaugurals should be out of Bayonne, that way the agents can experience for themselves sailing from that particular Homeport and then they will be able to pass on that knowledge to their clients.

The Inaugural sailing itinerary could have slightly different ports than normal sailings but it doesn't usually happen that way.

Probably the Inaugural from Bayonne will be a 7/8 night sailing.

At this time we do not know if RCCL is planning a European Inaugural and/or Transatlantic Inaugural before the US Inaugural. But no matter if they do, the US Inaugural will be great and I bet, a lot of fun.

I do hope you and Patti decide to come along with us, it would be great to sail with you both again :D

the Inaugural from Bayonne could have different ports of call from other Quantum sailings but I would think

Hi Patti and Jim, We've been away from cruising since sailing from HI to Perth on the Radiance with you. ( a medical issue which is now resolved, Yay!!) I was checking out Quantum, and was excited to see your posts, as well as your total days at sea. Congratulations! We're booked on the Explorer in Sept., and hope to squeeze in another trip prior to that. What do you have planned? Judy, (and Don)

Hi Patti and Jim, We've been away from cruising since sailing from HI to Perth on the Radiance with you. ( a medical issue which is now resolved, Yay!!) I was checking out Quantum, and was excited to see your posts, as well as your total days at sea. Congratulations! We're booked on the Explorer in Sept., and hope to squeeze in another trip prior to that. What do you have planned? Judy, (and Don)

Hi Judy. So glad to hear that the medical issued has been resolved. Hope to cruise with you both again.

I am liking the idea of the 12 day to the Southern Caribbean, but I have slight reservations about the stop at Martinique. What is everyone's thoughts on Martinique? When you look at the excursions Royal has for that island, there are only around 5 at this point (a 4-wheeler tour, a snorkel tour, 2 rum distillery tours and a city walking tour). Also, when you look at Tripadvisor for Martinique, it is spoken of being almost exclusively french speaking with very little english spoken anywhere, which can make it difficult to visit on your own away from a tour. Also, when you look at the Ports of Call board, Martinique isn't really very active with excursions for any of the cruise lines that visit there. We prefer to stick with the safety of the cruise line excursions. Do you feel that RCCL will develop a much broader availability of excursions as we draw closer to sail date?

I know we could always stay on ship that day, but just wanted to hear what others are thinking about the Martinique stop over all.

One of the UK travel agencies has three Quantum cruises listed. A 7 night cruise starting Sunday November 2nd 2014 , a 7 night Wednesday November 12th cruise, and a 12 night Tuesday December 2nd cruise. They may be speculating, but it may be correct, with the time gaps between the first two sailings to allow for special vips, and travel agent sailings. I am still hoping that Royal will release the itinerary schedule ahead of May 27th.

One of the UK travel agencies has three Quantum cruises listed. A 7 night cruise starting Sunday November 2nd 2014 , a 7 night Wednesday November 12th cruise, and a 12 night Tuesday December 2nd cruise. They may be speculating, but it may be correct, with the time gaps between the first two sailings to allow for special vips, and travel agent sailings. I am still hoping that Royal will release the itinerary schedule ahead of May 27th.

The QOS is calling in St. Maarteen on December 5, 2014 at 0900. Very difficult to sail from Bayonne to SXM (1400+miles) in 48 hours ????

The QOS is calling in St. Maarteen on December 5, 2014 at 0900. Very difficult to sail from Bayonne to SXM (1400+miles) in 48 hours ????

That site which has the 3 QOS sailings listed is not a TA site I would trust for info..they are well known here for errors.

That site which has the 3 QOS sailings listed is not a TA site I would trust for info..they are well known here for errors.

Thanks Liz, any official update on The QOS opening day ????

Hi,

I didn't say it was corrrect, it is just what they have on their website. I'd like to do the inaugural, and it would be great if it is in early November. I know that the port authority schedule shows St. Maarten stops on 12-5-14, and then in 2015, stops on 1-16, 1-29, 2-9, 3-6, 4-17, 5-11, 5-25, 6-8, 6-22, 7-6, 7-20, 8-17, 8-31, and 9-15.

I'm thinking that the travel agency is just speculating on the itinerary in December. It will be crazy if the intineraries and prices are not out before bookings open in a few weeks.

Thanks Liz, any official update on The QOS opening day ????

You are welcome Ken. :D

So far all reports are it will still be 27th May for opening...but hey maybe we will hear more soon...ummm..well more like on 26th in the middle of the night or something :eek:

Archived