More cruisetour questions

AzEileen

Although we have cruised several times, this will be our first cruise tour. We depart Vancouver 5/25 and leave Zuiderdam in Skagway on 5/28. Can someone who has taken a cruise tour tell me if you check into the hotel first thing? Is transportation provided from ship to the hotel with our luggage? What about other stops on the land portion of our trip? Do we check into hotels first thing when we arrive? I'm trying to decide about booking excursions independantly and don't know how much time to allow before the first excursion.

I've appreciated tips about luggage handling but any other tips for these "newbies" at cruise touring are much appreciated!

Although we have cruised several times, this will be our first cruise tour. We depart Vancouver 5/25 and leave Zuiderdam in Skagway on 5/28. Can someone who has taken a cruise tour tell me if you check into the hotel first thing? Is transportation provided from ship to the hotel with our luggage? What about other stops on the land portion of our trip? Do we check into hotels first thing when we arrive? I'm trying to decide about booking excursions independantly and don't know how much time to allow before the first excursion.

I've appreciated tips about luggage handling but any other tips for these "newbies" at cruise touring are much appreciated!

On the cruise tour that gets off in Skagway you don't have much time to book independent tours. Last Aug I was Whitehorse (same hotel as cruise tour) I overheard that there wasn't much free time on the tour.

1 - Got off the ship - transferred to Skagway Hotel - evening free

2 - 8AM boarding of bus to Whitehorse - if tour not taken in Whitehorse evening is free

3 - Tours in Whitehorse

4 - 8AM departure for Dawson City

That is all that I heard and saw . Luggage was all handled .

On our C/T all transportation was provided from the Fairbanks airport all the way to ship in Seward. I don't recall whether the transfer from Canada Place to the VCR airport was included or we purchased that extra.

Archived