Carnival Ecstasy 04/13/13-04/18/13 Review

oneboysmom

Hi, just wanted to take the time to write up a quick review of this particular cruise. Although the power went out for all about 12 minutes on the last night, the cruise was wonderful!!

We went down to Cocoa Beach the day before to have an extra day in the sun and relax. Being from the cold north, was a nice getaway. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites which was perfect!

The following morning, the shuttle took us to the ship. Embarkation was long as we were there later and there were a lot of people. This went smoothly though, so no issues there.

As soon as we got on to the ship, we went up to the lido deck for some lunch. When we were done, we were able to get into our rooms. We were on the main deck with an ocean view! Never again, will I do an inside room. After the muster drill, I went back to see if my suitcases had made it and what all came through. I noticed that my ziptie was cut-off, so I knew they had gone searching through my bag. I found a note saying that my power cord was taken away but I could pick it up at the end of the cruise.

Dinners were great every night. Sometimes I couldn't decide what to have, so I ordered 2 appetizers and 2 deserts!! Why not, if its all included. The main dishes were absolutely fabulous as well. Always had nightly entertainment in the dining room. WE did the anytime dining.

The shows were pretty good. My son and i enjoyed the hasbro game show as this was on a family level. THe Brits and Motor City were good too. I enjoyed the Ecstasy Band a lot. I enjoy live music and these were top notch musicians!!

The only bad thing about this cruise was that they had to change the itinerary, so instead of having the whole day in nassau on the 2nd day, it was changed to our last day, with only being there from 7-2. That really cut out what you could do on the island.

HMC was the best beach i've ever been on, and i've been on quite a few. IT was the whitest, softest sand i've ever felt and seen!! Will definitely go on another cruise just to go back to this island!

Hope this helps with anyone. IF you have any question, feel free to ask away. Once I figure out how to post pics and stuff, I will or will send them to you.

Good review, sounds like you had a good time. I am looking forward to some pics ...cant help you with how to do that though.....

Getting excited for our trip , we are leaving June 13th , also on the Ecstasy. It will be our grandkids 1st cruise.:)

Hello oneboysmom, Thanks for posting your review. Good to hear a positive one about this ship. I do have a few questions:

How big was your power cord? I've not heard of them taking those away before.

You said it was crowded because you arrived at the pier later. What time did you get to there?

And while we are going on the four day run, I'm still curious as to which day (which port or sea day) was your Elegant night?

We were also on this cruise. I would have to agree 100% with the post by oneboysmom! This was a wonderful cruise! The cruise director Matt was Great! I did take a power strip that had about a 3 foot cord and it made it thru ok, so try one of those as it definatley helped. As for Half Moon Cay, if you think of "Paradise", this is what the definition is!! I will also choose another Carnival cruise to visit this island. The whole staff of this ship made us feel like family. I highly recommend the Carnival Ecstasy!

I was on this cruise too... enjoyed it so much I booked a 4 day in June on her! Everyone was wonderful. Too bad Matt won't be the cruise director in June though. :( I fell in love with HMC and can't wait to go back. :)

They started embarkation a little later than normal. We had FTTF and still didn't board until almost noon.

Yes our elegant night was the 2nd night...yes Matt was wonderful, have sooo many pictures of him....love him and his accent!! Yes my power cord was the same as yours, maybe i didn't have it hidden, or they thought it a fire hazard...but I also had some alcohol too in my bag, which made it through. BUT, my bar bill was still over $300, so it wasn't like I didn't drink on board!!! I have my next cruise narrowed down to the Victory/Liberty/Conquest...just unsure which I want to do.

We got to the boat around 12 and were on just after 1, so wasn't too bad, I was just so excited to get on!!!

Where is Matt going? Do you know? I enjoyed Bobbi from Canada, she's from close to where I live, so that was nice talking to someone from home. Not a lot of Canadians on board though, but not surprised as our breaks are all over.

Yes our elegant night was the 2nd night...yes Matt was wonderful, have sooo many pictures of him....love him and his accent!! Yes my power cord was the same as yours, maybe i didn't have it hidden, or they thought it a fire hazard...but I also had some alcohol too in my bag, which made it through. BUT, my bar bill was still over $300, so it wasn't like I didn't drink on board!!! I have my next cruise narrowed down to the Victory/Liberty/Conquest...just unsure which I want to do.

We got to the boat around 12 and were on just after 1, so wasn't too bad, I was just so excited to get on!!!

Where is Matt going? Do you know? I enjoyed Bobbi from Canada, she's from close to where I live, so that was nice talking to someone from home. Not a lot of Canadians on board though, but not surprised as our breaks are all over.

Matt is switching to the Glory. I'm hoping to cruise with him early next year at least once out of Miami, that itinerary rotates eastern/western. :) It also has the 2.0 upgrades already.

Out of curiosity, how did you pack the alcohol?

Out of curiosity, how did you pack the alcohol?

Hi, I had 3 rum runners and a bag of wine. My bag of wine didn't make it thru, but the runners did. I double ziplocked them and wrapped them in clothing. They weren't that big though, so I guess the x-ray didn't pick them up.

Never went to the MDR for lunch. Was either on shore or just ate at the buffet or mongolian wok. IF you're doing HMC, the bbq is spectacular, especially the different kinds of salads they offer!!

If we had gone to the MDR for lunch when we were on her sister ship last year, I'd probably know about the lunch menus but, like you, we just hit the buffet/deli on our sea days. We chose the itenerary that goes to Key West, so we won't get to try the BBQ in HMC.

Thanks anyways. :)

Archived