Goodbye to Galveston, TX (permanent)?

coldflame

I was just looking through the weekly specials at disneycruise.disney.go.com and saw they have a "Say goodbye to Galveston, TX" specials. In it it says Disney Cruise is leaving Galveston, TX. I'm not a TX resident, but still curious about the move. I wonder if they are going to focus all 4 ships on Miami and Port Canaveral.

Anyone familiar with the move and rationale and whether it is permanent move or just for the season?

They haven't been filling the ship...bottom line. There have been all sorts of specials offered to get guests on board.

As above, the goal is to sell cabins, and to cruise full each time. While this isn't always met, it has been a problem in Galveston.

As of mid February this year, New Orleans is in talks with DCL to get one of their ships there. They are adding another dock to house two ships that will be completed in late 2014 or early 2015. We'd LOVE DCL in NO!!!

Although it may be wishful thinking on my part, I wouldn't be surprised to see DCL totally revamp the Magic and send it there in 2015 or introduce a new ship and send one of the others to NO. You never know... "magic" and "wonder" happen everyday with Disney... and, a girl can always "dream"... besides, it's my own little "fantasy" these days!! :-)

We so wanted to try Disney from Galveston, it would've been perfect for us. But they only came during the school year. It's hard to fill ships and market to families when you only come to town during a time that requires parents to pull their kids out of school for a week.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived