Onboard Booking Discount - Back To Back Cruise

JVNYC

Hello everyone. Does anyone know how the onboard booking discount works for a back to back cruise? Do you get a discount for each cruise individually or do they just only apply one discount for the 2 together? Thanks for you info!

Hello everyone. Does anyone know how the onboard booking discount works for a back to back cruise? Do you get a discount for each cruise individually or do they just only apply one discount for the 2 together? Thanks for you info!

It depends on how you book the Cruise(s).

Most times the discount being offered on a Grand Voyage will be the same as if you booked each cruise individually, but it is up to YOU to check on that

Thanks Jim and Stan. That's a good point. A Grand Voyage itinerary as listed in the brochures is considered a "single" itinerary (even though it is multiple itineraries combined) so only one discount would apply. If I am interested in 2 single itineraries back to back, would they only apply one single discount or would you be eligible for 2 individual discounts?

Thanks for the info.

Thanks Jim and Stan. That's a good point. A Grand Voyage itinerary as listed in the brochures is considered a "single" itinerary (even though it is multiple itineraries combined) so only one discount would apply. If I am interested in 2 single itineraries back to back, would they only apply one single discount or would you be eligible for 2 individual discounts?

Thanks for the info.

If you are asking if the discount for each cruise can be applied to both cruises because you are booking two, then the answer is no.

Oceania didn't fall off the Christmas tree yesterday.....

I booked two cruises back to back in Feb. while I was on the Riveria. One is a 7 day cruise followed by a 12 day cruise. I like to book my own air so I got the air allowance ($850 per person per cruise) on both cruises. Then I got $225 per person off one cruise and $125 per person off the other cruise for booking them on the ship. They also gave us almost 5% off the final price of both cruises because we were booking them back to back. That was a nice surprise. $447.40 per person that I was not expecting. There was also a special $100 OBC on our current cruise for booking on board. They only offered one special per cabin. I booked 5 future cruises and only got $100 but I am not complaining.

Ah! This is very interesting. I was aware of the 5% off for booking back to back (as you can get that through their reservations department) but I wasn't aware of the additional $225 and $125....that is very nice. Thank you for this info. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of deal there will be in May.

Ah! This is very interesting. I was aware of the 5% off for booking back to back (as you can get that through their reservations department) but I wasn't aware of the additional $225 and $125....that is very nice. Thank you for this info. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of deal there will be in May.

The $225 and the $125 were specific to the cruises muth cruiser booked. They used to give you a 5% discount when you booked on board. Now the amount is tied to the cruise and the cabin. I figure whatever it is, it's a gift. I re-booked a December cruise while on board in September. I considered the discount Monopoly money so I used it to upgrade myself. :D

Thanks for the info everyone. I understand that each discount will be different based on the itinerary and category booked. It's nice to know that they give something. I wish I could book now...but not sure they will apply any discount once I'm onboard.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info everyone. I understand that each discount will be different based on the itinerary and category booked. It's nice to know that they give something. I wish I could book now...but not sure they will apply any discount once I'm onboard.

Thanks again.

You will get the B2B discount now or onboard

It is my understanding

If the cabin Cat that you booked prior is still available when you are onboard you can ask for the current discount to be applied

Lyn

However, I have found that discount and perks for any on board/back to back cruise with the credits etc, is not anywhere near that which a good agent can get you.... and is to Oceania's advantage.

At least they have been for me on almost every comparison, and yes I realize you can transfer booking... I considered the final bottom line.

Archived