Vancouver Post Tour

We will be ending our cruise on Royal Caribbean's Radiance in Vancouver. Our flight isn't until 10 pm. Has anyone taken the tour - Big Pink Sightseeing Hop on Hop off City tour through Royal Caribbean?

Not that tour I'm afraid, but as a general note you can just walk up to any of the HOHO tours and probably pay less for them than the cruise company will sell them for - you certainly won't get a discount booking through RCCI. Big Pink is $40 ($37 Seniors) - what's the RCCI price?

All the HOHOs have a stop at Canada Place, and if you do book directly with them in advance will usually give you a second day free rather than a discount - not much use if you're only in town for one day, but the second day can be any time within 2 weeks so you might be able to do a little sightseeing the morning before you leave and more the day you return if it's a round-trip cruise...

Check Tripadvisor for comparative reviews - I can only personally vouch for the Vancouver Trolley, which my parents and I enjoyed.

The issue you are going to have with an independent tour is your luggage, however that can be overcome by checking it with Priority Baggage Services at Canada Place who for an additional fee will transfer it out to the airport for you....they are only open at Canada Place until 4 pm. Another alternative is to take it to the Pan Pacific or the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel and have the bell desk put it in their lock-up for a nice tip. Aside from that I do agree that the Vancouver Trolley is the superior product.

We are looking to go to Alaska in 2014 and planning on being in Vancouver for 3-4 days pre cruise and 1 night before the start of the next cruise and were thinking about the HOHO trolley.

I am sure I read somewhere that your ticket is only good for 1 circuit. Is this right? We did the HOHO in Singapore and for about $35 per day you could get on and off the HOHO as often as you wanted, sit and do the circuit over and over etc. Is it the same or do you only get one complete ride around (but can get off during that circuit?)

We are looking to go to Alaska in 2014 and planning on being in Vancouver for 3-4 days pre cruise and 1 night before the start of the next cruise and were thinking about the HOHO trolley.

I am sure I read somewhere that your ticket is only good for 1 circuit. Is this right? We did the HOHO in Singapore and for about $35 per day you could get on and off the HOHO as often as you wanted, sit and do the circuit over and over etc. Is it the same or do you only get one complete ride around (but can get off during that circuit?)

No idea where you read that - it would be ridiculously impractical to enforce a one-circuit HOHO, which by definition people are getting on and off all the time...

There are also of course regular sightseeing tours which drive you around, stopping sometimes to allow everyone off for photos - every cruise company offers some variant on this with a drop at the airport for folks with later flights, that may be what you're thinking of.

No idea where you read that - it would be ridiculously impractical to enforce a one-circuit HOHO, which by definition people are getting on and off all the time...

There are also of course regular sightseeing tours which drive you around, stopping sometimes to allow everyone off for photos - every cruise company offers some variant on this with a drop at the airport for folks with later flights, that may be what you're thinking of.

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. I knew I had seen it in a post on CC, it is about the 3rd or 4th post down in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=343739&highlight=good+for+one+turn+only

However, I have just checked the date of the post - and it was 2006. Pays to check dates on post before posting yourself! LOL Stupid me!

Good that we will be able to use the HOHO, not sure we want to rent a car and we have always found that this is a good way to get an overview of a city and then work out where we want to get off and go investigate.

Thanks heaps.

Archived