Cheers Beverage Program

awills

Has anyone bought the new Carnival Cheers Beverage Program? I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks, and trying to figure out if it's worth it (I can't find the price at the moment, but thought it came out to about $40 a person per day). It feels like a great deal on At Sea days, but maybe not a great deal on Port days. Any advice is welcome!

I purchased it on my last cruise. With Tip it is approx 49.00 a day. Must be purchased by each person in the same cabin 21 or over. Depending on what you drink, you would be at the break even point at appox. 8 to 9 drinks in a day. There is a limit of 15 drinks per day. As stated there are a couple of threads that go into great detail about the program. I like the program and think it is worth the money. I did not notice any difference in service using the program.

I purchased it on my last cruise. With Tip it is approx 49.00 a day. Must be purchased by each person in the same cabin 21 or over. Depending on what you drink, you would be at the break even point at appox. 8 to 9 drinks in a day. There is a limit of 15 drinks per day. As stated there are a couple of threads that go into great detail about the program. I like the program and think it is worth the money. I did not notice any difference in service using the program.

8 or 9 drinks a day? That seems like a lot of drinking to make it worthwhile. Am I missing something? Is it just alcohol or other drinks like specialty coffees?

8 or 9 drinks a day? That seems like a lot of drinking to make it worthwhile. Am I missing something? Is it just alcohol or other drinks like specialty coffees?

I know it includes the Bottomless Bubbles program for soda, and I believe you can also get juice at breakfast. I don't believe it includes specialty coffees but I could be wrong and I'm too laaaazy to check.

It covers soda and some non-alcohol frozen drinks but no coffee. These are covered by the program but don't count toward your 15 drink limit.

It's really not that hard to drink that much especially on sea days. I've purchased it on our last 3 cruises and think it's totally worth it. I drink Bloody Mary's in the mornings (start about 10am) and switch to margarita's or mojitos in the afternoon with the occasional beer then wines with dinner and during the evening with an occasional martini thrown in.

My breakeven point is 5 or 6 drinks and I like having the expense be capped.

I know it sounds like alot but drinking at a rate of a drink every 45m to hour from 10am untl midnight or after doesn't even leave me with much of a buzz.

It covers soda and some non-alcohol frozen drinks but no coffee. These are covered by the program but don't count toward your 15 drink limit.

It's really not that hard to drink that much especially on sea days. I've purchased it on our last 3 cruises and think it's totally worth it. I drink Bloody Mary's in the mornings (start about 10am) and switch to margarita's or mojitos in the afternoon with the occasional beer then wines with dinner and during the evening with an occasional martini thrown in.

My break even point is 5 or 6 drinks and I like having the expense be capped.

I'm in complete agreement with spreading a few drinks out over the day, toss in a couple of non-alcohol drinks and the program works for me. The only problem is, my DH has not had a drink in 23 years and having to both purchase the program does not make it financially worth it for us. I wish there would be a way of a doctor's letter or something that would allow for only one person in the cabin to purchase the program.

I know it sounds like alot but drinking at a rate of a drink every 45m to hour from 10am untl midnight or after doesn't even leave me with much of a buzz.

I agree that wouldn't make me "drunk" but everyday for a week straight? That seems like a lot to me. I drink like that for a few days of my cruise and the rest of the time I only drink 3-4 per day. Personally, I'll be much better off just paying for drinks as I buy them, but hey I guess if you can drink like that for a week straight them go for it. :)

We just got back from a B2B on the Breeze and purchased for both. I enjoyed it because I tried drinks that I normally wouldnt buy. Was it worth it? For me yes, for dw no. We will not be purchasing on future cruises unless the program is changed. Enjoy and only you can tell if its worth it.:)

Depending on what you drink, you would be at the break even point at appox. 8 to 9 drinks in a day.

It does indeed depend on what you drink. I averaged 9/day and saved right around $275.

The program was totally worth it for my wife and I. If only for the peace of mind knowing that drinks are paid for. It made for a lot less worrying about bar prices, we just ordered what we wanted and enjoyed ourselves.

I'm in complete agreement with spreading a few drinks out over the day, toss in a couple of non-alcohol drinks and the program works for me. The only problem is, my DH has not had a drink in 23 years and having to both purchase the program does not make it financially worth it for us. I wish there would be a way of a doctor's letter or something that would allow for only one person in the cabin to purchase the program.

That would be my issue too for our upcoming trip, but we booked each child in a cabin, so only I would be purchasing the program. He doesn't drink but I sure do, lol! And I can easily do 8, 9 drinks in a day spread out over time and just be buzzed. And that's fine for me. I don't think they offer if on the Sensation though. I would probably bite and try it.

OKgirl,

I like the way you roll ;)

I'm going to see if it is on the Paridise tomorrow.

Oooooh!!! Please come back and let me now if they have added it to the Paradise. We sail in less than 3 weeks but the information I can find right now says it isn't offered on the Paradise.

• 3 years later...

Considering purchasing the cheer package. When the waiter brings you your drink do you have the option to tip him. In my thinking he will look after you better if you tip him. What have been your experience with this. Also, are the drinks weaker with the cheers package.

I know it includes the Bottomless Bubbles program for soda, and I believe you can also get juice at breakfast. I don't believe it includes specialty coffees but I could be wrong and I'm too laaaazy to check.

It does include the specialty coffees. We purchased it on our last cruise for just that reason. Depending on what you drink, the break even can be anywhere from 4-6 alcoholic drinks. They cut you off at 15 alcoholic drinks. Other types of drinks don't count toward that. I never found out if you could still order other types of beverages after 15.

I'm a total teetotaler and usually 1-2 drinks and I'm ready to pass out. I was able to drink 4-5 drinks a day without even a buzz. I think they must make them really weak, all except the martini's. Those were the only thing that ever made me feel a thing.