Louvre tickets?

miasail

Where exactly can I buy them advance? I don't see a link on the website? Also is it worth to buy in advance to avoid long lines?

When is the best time to go?

Thanks!

I do not know about buying them on line,but if you go in by the carousel,and not the main entrance there usually is not a line or a short one...hard to tell you exactly where it is depending on which direction you are coming from...look for the signs or ask..it is right off rue de Rivoli and down the stairs.Generally if you go in the morning it is easier.

If you plan to visit more museums than just the Louvre - you can get a museum pass at the Rodin museum (really very interesting the "Thinker", the "Kiss") and it includes many other museums including Versaille and is valid for multiple days.

We stopped by the Robin museum our first day in Paris and bought the museum pass without any lines. The day we visited the Louvre we bypassed all the long lines with no waiting and went right in. And don't forget the d'Orsay - my favorite museum and another can't miss.

If you plan to visit more museums than just the Louvre - you can get a museum pass at the Rodin museum (really very interesting the "Thinker", the "Kiss") and it includes many other museums including Versaille and is valid for multiple days.

We stopped by the Robin museum our first day in Paris and bought the museum pass without any lines. The day we visited the Louvre we bypassed all the long lines with no waiting and went right in. And don't forget the d'Orsay - my favorite museum and another can't miss.

Agree, and of course, it also includes the Orsay, which, for those who like the French impressionists, is a must see. The building is beautiful as well. Even if you don't save much by getting the pass, you get to skip the lines at all museums. We used it for Louvre, Orsay, and Versailles on the 2-day pass and I'm not sure we saved much money. We did save a lot of time. The Orangerie is also included. Unfortunately, the Opera is not.

We did the exact same thing. The pass makes sense if you are going to enough museums and by buying it at the least crowded you really can avoid some lines.

I highly recommend the Museum Pass if you have sufficient time in Paris.

We took a tour provided by "MyLouvre Tours" for an overview in the morning (we left for a nice lunch in a brasserie recommended by our guide and returned with our Museum Pass afterward). In 2.5 hours, you see all the biggies with an EXCELLENT overview of the history of the museum, Paris and the art. The tour was VERY GOOD (note that other tours have a size of 50) - and also included admittance, if a museum pass isn't appropriate for your visit.

Here's a link http://www.mylouvretour.com/

No, I'm not a shill. I was just very impressed by our tour and highly recommend them.

Archived