Anyone cruised while pregnant?

Midwestgirl

We are traveling with family on RC's Empress of the Seas next week (first cruise) to the Western Caribbean. I will be 17 weeks pregnant and am wondering if anyone has any tips? My doctor gave me the go-ahead so I should be good to go from the medical perspective. We did purchase additional insurance and I have also picked up some sea-bands for sea-sickness (which I have never had, but just in case). Any other thoughts or insight?

Thanks!!

hello, this is Punu's co-worker. I was six months preggers when I went on a cruise for my sister's 40th birthday last year. It was a "girlfriend" cruise. I had a blast. No sea sickness and with the exception of having three extra mommys with me I had no issues. Once I took my daily naps I was cool. :)

my sister-in-law was 6 mos. pregnant with my niece back in 2001. She did just fine. You should have either ginger cookies or ginger in some form (tablets) with you because that spice is supposed to be good for seasickness. You might not need it, but it's good to have it with you anyway.

Archived