Princess to Bermuda?

debr

Carnival does not have good relations with the Bermudan Government from what I understand. I doubt any of their ships (including Princess and Holland America) will be going to Bermuda any time soon.

Actually, the brand new Crown Princess, that will be homeport in Brooklyn, NY will stop at Bermuda on her itineraries to the E. Caribbean. Itineraries rotate stopping on teh way down or on the way back. They're also adding Turks and Caicos!

• 2 weeks later...

I had thought the Issue was with Carnival Cruise line alone. For example. Cunard (owned by Carnival) and Bermuda get along fine and there were up until recentely "Bermuda to Newport RI Sojourns from NYC." It is my understanding that the typical Carnival Passenger is not considred desirable. Carnival was given a trial run two years ago with one of its ships making 8 trips to Bermuda over the summer. They were not asked back. However the Carnival Legend was allowed to berth at II/KW in avoidance of Hurricane Charley last August. We passed it on our way to HH on the Zenith August 16th.

The Crown Princess will most likely berth at Ireland Island (KW) as QE2 did or else it could tender in HH. QE2 is 77,000 and I would imagine Crown Princess will be around 90,000? Does anyone know?

Jeanne...much larger, sister to Caribbean Princess:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na727

On my Oct. 9, 2006 Crown Princess 9 day cruise, the ship is scheduled to dock at King's Wharf on the 7th day from 9AM to 5PM before returning to New York. The round trip cruise out of New York will visit Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Thomas prior to the one day stop in Bermuda.

Archived