doctor/pharmacy/air conditioning on board.

mrsvixen

I suggest not only bringing perscriptions with you but also bringing some over the counter medications you'd want if you got sick. On our last cruise my husband was sick and really wanted Nyquil. Carnival sells it in the gift shop for $17. He said to buy it, he really needed it. I bought it for him and told him to bring a bottle with him next time, just in case he needs it again.

Good advice there. My friend ran out of tums (actually her numerous bottles disappeared from the cabin) so she ended up having to buy tums on the ship. I don't know if she got them from the infirmary or gift shop - but $38. For a bottle of generic tums. :eek:

... So i was wondering if there is a doctor & pharmacy online and it is covered by that medical...

If you have a medical condition which requires daily medication you would not be able to count on a ship's pharmacy to have what you need should you lose, forget, or run out of it. And keep it in your carry on bag.

About two weeks ago there was a post from a couple who could not find their medications bag after boarding. What they needed could not be replaced by the ship's pharmacy and they had to disembark and return home. (The bag was found - sitting right where they had left it in their living room! :eek:)

I suggest not only bringing perscriptions with you but also bringing some over the counter medications you'd want if you got sick. On our last cruise my husband was sick and really wanted Nyquil. Carnival sells it in the gift shop for $17. He said to buy it, he really needed it. I bought it for him and told him to bring a bottle with him next time, just in case he needs it again.

We found this out on our first cruise when we needed a band aid. $7 for a small box. Before our second cruise I bought a small first aid kit that had band aids and other things for treating cuts and scrapes. Also packed some throat lozenges, a bottle of Tylenol, that sort of stuff.

When you vacation on land you can just head to the nearest Walmart if you need this kind of stuff. On a cruise your choices are very limited limited and they know it.

Archived