Post Cruise Tours Available at Pier

jvitatoe26

Hi! We have a flight out of San Juan on Sunday June 2nd at 4:30pm after a Carnival cruise. Since we are planning on doing self-assist debarkation, and we don't have to be at the airport until 2pm, I figure we have at least 5 hours to kill.

From what I understand, there is a tour available at the pier (opposite of the taxi stand) for about 25/pp.

If anyone has any information on this, would you be able to answer the following questions:

1. We need our luggage held and a drop off at the airport. Is this always included?

2. How long is the tour and what time would we need to be signed up to ensure we would not miss it?

3. Which fort is visited?

4. Will we have enough time to have lunch in OSJ on this tour and where?

5. Is there somewhere online I can reserve this or view information?

6. Is the price of 25/pp accurate?

Thanks!

We just came back and used San Juan Happy Tours. We did not pre-book, they were there at the pier and yes, it is $25/person. They load up your luggage and drive you around giving you a little history along the way. It doesn't include a tour of the fort but rather, they show where the fort is. Then you are dropped off downtown for shopping and lunch. They took us to the airport at 3pm but they were very accommodating and I'm sure would be able to accommodate your time requirements.

Thank you, TXCruiser. Last year we took a taxi to Barrachina's (about $20), dropped off our luggage there ($5), ate lunch ($30), walked around for a while ($20 for drinks, ice cream, etc.), and then took another taxi to the airport (about $20.) It was a lot of hassle and as you can see, we still spent $45 not including the cost of lunch and snacks. It sounds like you got a bargain and no hassle!

We just came back and used San Juan Happy Tours. We did not pre-book, they were there at the pier and yes, it is $25/person. They load up your luggage and drive you around giving you a little history along the way. It doesn't include a tour of the fort but rather, they show where the fort is. Then you are dropped off downtown for shopping and lunch. They took us to the airport at 3pm but they were very accommodating and I'm sure would be able to accommodate your time requirements.

We had the same, and Lasso was our driver. Really great guy, Puerto Rican born, raised in New Jersey, and moved back to PR a few years ago. Really proud and gave lots of great information. I would definitely recommend his tour, your luggage is safe the entire time it with the bus you are on & locked up while you are off.

Have a great time!1

Archived