Questions for Scenic Cruisers

alexandra cruiser

In Junior suite it states Breakfast service available,do you know the menu?is it full breakfast or continental?

Danube guests get Chef s table dinner, is that for Jr. guests on all levels too?

Portobellos restaurant says service for 30 per nite, when do you sign up,can you go more than once?

Thanks,will be first timer next June.:)

Hi - Can't speak to the Junior suite questions as we travelled Aquarium Class... But I can speak to Portobello's.

All guests have the opportunity to dine once/7 night cruise (twice/14 nights) at Portobello's. You sign up (I seem to remember it was the maitre d' who took our name....) It is closed on certain nights (ie:Captain's dinner....) - and is a set menu.

We enjoyed our meal there. We asked for a table for 2 - and were accommodated quite easily.

Can post further in September if I am wrong on any of these details.

Fran

We also travelled in aquarium class so can't answer the breakfast question. I really enjoyed Portobellos, a fixed menu but it was excellent. You have to sign up at the reception desk but do it early as there is limited seating each night and it is not open every night. If I remember correctly, the sign up sheet did not appear until the 2nd day of a 14 nighter. Check your itinerary carefully before planning that night to ensure you are not going to miss anything going on, i.e. the Vienna concert.

where are you?

Notice you both are from Canada(we re from Michigan originally)but will be taking a cruise in Sept.from Montreal,thru Maritimes,and New England.Then off to Scenic(Budapest to Bucharest) in June 2014.Love to alternate between ocean and river.Best of both worlds.

Glad you like Scenic.Loved the balcony cabin and itinerary,so will TRY them.Did have some problems with reservation snafa,but TA FINALLY worked it out.Looking forward to it.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, last year we were in the junior suites on the Rhine deck on the Scenic Diamond. We got to choose from a full breakfast menu for the breakfast service.

Have no idea about the chef's table - maybe new this year?

where are you?

Notice you both are from Canada(we re from Michigan originally)but will be taking a cruise in Sept.from Montreal,thru Maritimes,and New England.Then off to Scenic(Budapest to Bucharest) in June 2014. Love to alternate between ocean and river.Best of both worlds.

Hi -

I am from Whitby, Ontario - about 30 minutes east of Toronto....

I can appreciate the decision to alternate ocean and river cruises - but discovered on our 1st (and only) big ship cruise that I get sea sick!!! Rivers are better for me....

Fran

Hi,

Can only answer to Portobellos. So that everyone who wants to, gets a chance to eat in the special area set aside in the upstairs lounge for intimate evening dining, staff control the bookings until everyone has had a chance to dine at least twice during the 14 day trip. We thoroughly enjoyed both and were satisfied. Everyone gets a chance to book once they are on board, or as per your sailing booklet instructions. Hope that helps a little, and that others will answer your other questions. You will love the cruise!

Archived