Fishlips & the days inn

socialsea

last year when were were on freedom of the seas, we stayed at the days inn on cocoa beach pier. it was a nice, older hotel, but clean and staff were great. it had a lovely, warm pool, and was a two minute walk to the cocoa beach pier. the pier had 4 different restaurants and bars to choose from. we ate at marlins, which was very good. the hotel was also across the street from a publix grocery store. the best part was it was $67.00/night.

this year we will be staying at the days inn again. but this time we would like to try "fishlips" that i have heard people talk about on this forum. how far away from the days inn is it, and what would be the best way to get there from the hotel (we will not have a car). also we will be there on a saturday, the day before our cruise. what would be the best time to be there to see the ships leave? do we need reservations? thanks for any input you can give me.

i hope this didn't sound too much like a plug for the days inn, but we really did think it was a great place to stay. i forgot to mention that the free breakfast was really good, too. sausage, eggs, waffles, muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, coffee, etc, etc. and did i mention it was only $67.00/night?:D

Fishlip's is approximately a ten minute taxi ride from the Day's Inn.. It is located in Cape Canaveral just south of the port. If you want to have an early dinner and watch the ships leave plan on arriving before 4:00PM. I ate there with my family back in August 2012 prior to our cruise on the Carnival Dream. We arrived for dinner around 7:00PM and were told there was a thirty minute wait to be seated for a table for three. We were seated in less than five minutes. The place was busy with a large group of at least thirty people seated for a birthday celebration. There were plenty of tables available for outside dining on the second floor but the band playing was very loud. There are also a few outside tables on the first floor that were occupied when we arrived. It's a great seafood restaurant and worth it to try.

Archived