Taormina question

bunzini

Does anyone happen to know if cars/taxis can get you closer to the town in Taormina? I have been there myself and do not recall. Since this time I am travelling with my 80 year old mother, I wondered if a taxi would be a better bet. Celebrity has a tour that requires one to walk a quarter of a mile to town. I am aware that there are no cars allowed in the city and I believe walking that is fine for her. Just didn't want to stretch it by having her walk a quarter mile before we even get into town.

We went to Taormina in a group of 8 in a minibus. The driver was able to drop us off right at the beginning of the main street. The main street is then quite flat and easy to walk. If you wish to veer off to the Greek Theatre or the English Gardens, then the side streets have an incline - but not drastic.

The driver apparently went off somewhere else to park, but was back at the same place that he dropped us off at the appointed time.

I'm pretty sure that large coaches would not be allowed access this close, so you would be much better to consider a taxi or a small minibus.

Our private tour driver also dropped us off right at the entrance to the pedestrian only area. We set a time and we met him at the other end. Was great since we didn't have to back track. The actual walk wasnt really that long but to add a 1/4 mile onto it is unnecessary with a taxi or private driver.

Thanks so much for your response. That was just the answer I was looking for! In that case I am sure it is do-able for my mom. Did you get a taxi/driver as you got off the ship or did you reserve ahead of time? Again thanks!

We went to Taormina in a group of 8 in a minibus. The driver was able to drop us off right at the beginning of the main street. The main street is then quite flat and easy to walk. If you wish to veer off to the Greek Theatre or the English Gardens, then the side streets have an incline - but not drastic.

The driver apparently went off somewhere else to park, but was back at the same place that he dropped us off at the appointed time.

I'm pretty sure that large coaches would not be allowed access this close, so you would be much better to consider a taxi or a small minibus.

Would you mind sharing with us the name of your driver and his price? Thanks

Archived