Another cruiser just off the Allure

Wonderful review! Just wondering if you used the conierge lounge, specifically for cocktail hour? Wondering how crowded it gets on the Allure. I know they have made to order breakfast/lunch but it doesn't seem you tried that this time. Based on your review and others, think we will avoid WJ!

We only did the lounge one or twice, as I recall. Of course, all the seats by the windows were taken and we found tables in the corner.

OWD

I waited until 8:15 and then told DW, again, it is going to be a day of waiting, might as well wait at the airport as here. She agreed and we departed the ship around 8:20. We had no issues departing, other than we didn’t want to. There was a long line for customs already. There were only 4 agents on duty. For the record, I do not know if this is normal or not. I watched the agents process passengers and I saw no evidence of deliberate slowness. Some people got through quickly, others took a few minutes, one group of passengers was hauled away to a separate area with a guard. I have no idea what that was all about.

That's probably the best line I have ever read in any review on these boards! :)

• 2 weeks later...

looks like we'll be on the western itinerary, so i'm scrambling to figure out what we should do in each port..

i thought we would just stay on the ship in jamaica, but the hilton hotel sounds like a nice option.

how did you make reservations?

is there a website where i can make our reservations? or a telephone number?

We where on the Oasis and in getting off they held us on the ship up to about 1 1/2 later then the stated time for our color's time. Was eventually told one or two immigration or custom people called in sick and we had a lot of non-US citizens. once we were even let off to go off it was almost a 1 hr wait:cool:.So altogether 2 1/2 hrs late.Still a great ship.

It is a Captain's invitation party to Diamond (not sure if it is Diamond plus) members and to an everyone in a suite. We were in 8660, a suite, which is how we got the invite.

You also can get out there via the behind the scenes tour, but you are at sea for that moment.

OWD

Great review! Did you notice whether there was any type of ramp or elevator/lift to get to the helipad or was it only steps?

Archived