Taking Water/Cokes on board

I know you are suppose to carry them on board but my husband and I are Seniors and to carry a case of water and case of cokes around after boarding would be heavy. So far we've put water/cokes in a duffle bag we've checked in w/luggage and it's made it to the room. I think they have even put a letter in it saying it was opened/checked.

Is it harder now to get cokes/water thru without having to carry it? I'm aware they prefer you to carry but I just think it's heavy and we have arthritis issues etc. I'm diabetic and will be carrying a small ice chest w/my insulin and other issues. We are booked on Facination and I've read the water is bad on there.

Can you get a small suitcase on wheels? That would probably be easier. Or get a note from a doctor and contact special needs to get permission to load it in your luggage. Wrap it around your sodas.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You can put them on a rolling luggage carrier. Much better than to take the chance they burst in your suitcase and get all over your clothes and leak into other passenger's suitcases as well. I know other people do it, but you don't want to be "that passenger." I'd be pissed if my suitcases arrived covered with soda.

We were on the Dream on April 6 and had a small rolling bag with a case of cokes. The guy at luggage check in said we could check it so we did. It was the last bag to arrive and it had been opened but it did not seem to be a problem.

I know you are suppose to carry them on board but my husband and I are Seniors and to carry a case of water and case of cokes around after boarding would be heavy. So far we've put water/cokes in a duffle bag we've checked in w/luggage and it's made it to the room. I think they have even put a letter in it saying it was opened/checked.

Is it harder now to get cokes/water thru without having to carry it? I'm aware they prefer you to carry but I just think it's heavy and we have arthritis issues etc. I'm diabetic and will be carrying a small ice chest w/my insulin and other issues. We are booked on Facination and I've read the water is bad on there.

I've always put mine in my checked luggage. I do tie the bottles up in trash bags or something water proof in case one of them leaks but never had a problem. They do inspect that bag and in my experience that bag always arrives later than the others but not too late.

I always put my water in a cooler and check the cooler with my baggage. My last cruise (Port of New Orleans) they won't check the cooler and I had to carry it on board but still no problems. I am now platinum now so I will just carry it to the room before getting lunch. Good luck. Have fun.

Archived