FT LAUDERDALE BOAT SHOW OCT 26-30th

2bcrewzn

Hollywood is close to both airport (Ft. Lauderdale / HOLLYWOOD Interantional Airport) and Port Everglades (which is actually 80% in Hollywood). Despite the proximity, Hollywood hotels are generally not as impacted by the boat show as Ft. Lauderdale properties. For listing of hotels, visit http://www.visithollywood.org Many of the Hollywood hotels are also reviewed on http://www.tripadvisor.com

October is a beautiful time in SFL!

We left from Fort Lauderdale in 2002 during the boatshow on our Golden PRincess cruise. Saw the extremely high prices for the hotels near the port so we booked the Spring Hill Suites near the airport. Do it as early as possible. They were even filling as the show got closer. The hotel had a shuttle which was great in getting to the port.

Miss Hlywd

We are considering 1 night pre cruise in the Hollywood area as we will clash with the boat show this year. I can get a good price on travelocity at the Hollywood Beach golf resort. can you tell me anything about this property as I can only find one review on trip advisor. We will be arriving at MIA from the UK and hiring a car so getting around won't be a problem.

Any advice you could give us about the Hollywood area would be most appreciated.

Thanks Lisa

• 1 month later...
Miss Hlywd

We are considering 1 night pre cruise in the Hollywood area as we will clash with the boat show this year. I can get a good price on travelocity at the Hollywood Beach golf resort. can you tell me anything about this property as I can only find one review on trip advisor.

Any advice you could give us about the Hollywood area would be most appreciated.

Thanks Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner but hopefully this will still help...

The Hollywood Beach Golf Resort is a lovely little hotel with a reasonably priced restaurant and small pool on the property. One thing to know, the name is a misnomer -- it is NOT on the beach in any way, shape or form. It's about 2 miles from the beach. If that's not important, I would stay there if the price was decent. It is quite close to downtown Hollywood where there are lots of shops and restaurants. I realize you're only staying one night, but just thought I would tell you about the location.

Most of the Hollywood Beach properties are quite small. Many offer what you might call "self-catering flats." Only a handful can be booked through the various travel sites like travelocity, but all can be found on http://www.visithollywood.org The site has contact info and web site links for hotels, restaurants and attractions. I think you'll find it very helpful, but if you have specific questions about the area, do write back. I promise not to take so long to respond this time!

Archived