Question about booking excursions..

vamom2003

Hello,

We have booked a cruise to the Panama Canal for Nov of this year.

Today, I got an e-mail stating that the excursions are now available for booking, but when I log into Princess and go to Excursion reservations there is nothing listed, just a description of the Points of Interest.

We still have a balance due... Do I have to have the cruise paid in full in order to book the excursions??

Hello,

We have booked a cruise to the Panama Canal for Nov of this year.

Today, I got an e-mail stating that the excursions are now available for booking, but when I log into Princess and go to Excursion reservations there is nothing listed, just a description of the Points of Interest.

We still have a balance due... Do I have to have the cruise paid in full in order to book the excursions??

We have been able to book excursions for a month or more for our Sept cruise. We haven't completed our cruise personalizer with credit card information yet, nor any of our passport info. When I go on Cruise Personalizer and click on shore excursions on the list with all the other needed info (credit card, passport, etc) it opens another window with a big green box for the excursions. Maybe the actual excursions haven't been loaded for your cruise, just the general excursion descriptions? Keep trying! Princess allows you to book excursions without paying. Once aboard, you have a time frame to cancel before your shipboard account is charged. However, I do not think you would be allowed to book overlapping excursions for the same port (if you can't decide between 2). Maybe someone knows the answer to that? We did a partial transit of the Panama Canal and loved getting off the ship in Gatun Lake and boarding a smaller boat to pass through the rest of the locks. It was a great big ship/small boat way to experience the Canal. We were so close we could touch the walls. Enjoy!

I went back in and completed the Cruise Personalizer and added the credit card info for all four of us... ( we are traveling with our two children) but nothing changed...

I guess I will try again tomorrow.. The e-mail came through 3 1/2 hours ago.. Maybe it hasn't been loaded up yet...

We are booked on a Panama Canal cruise for September 2013. I received an e-mail and I too have the same problem. I e-mailed my Princess Cruise Vacation Planner and asked her. She answered that she can see they are not available for booking – it’s a glitch…

I should try again tomorrow.

Archived