"Rooms" on an ocean liner?

Salacia

Thanks again, Blue Marble. And now this thread can die a natural death.

Sorry that I reacted so strongly when I read on the Cunard website that there were "six types of rooms available". I can't explain why what bothered me so much, any more than I can explain my reaction when Cunard decided to register the ships in Bermuda. I was very much taken aback by the very sudden change in Dress Code. That Cunard has all but abandoned the East Coast USA market is evident, and that was a big disappointment.

Yes, I admit to being surprised and disappointed by these actions taken by Cunard, no doubt as directed by Carnival Cruise Line Corp.

Salacia

This CCL Stockholder asks: follow the money. Look at the decisions made by the Board of Directors of CCL, most importantly Mr. Arison.

Yes, I admit to being surprised and disappointed by these actions taken by Cunard, no doubt as directed by Carnival Cruise Line Corp.

I'll join you :)

Yes, Mr. Carnival, we all understand that you suffered considerable loss last year, but why are you introducing money-saving measures on QM2, the flagship?? :confused: :mad:

Cats2010

I'll join you :)

Yes, Mr. Carnival, we all understand that you suffered considerable loss last year, but why are you introducing money-saving measures on QM2, the flagship?? :confused: :mad:

Cats2010

If you check into the "lesser" lines in Carnival World, you will find that they have been stripped to the bone over the years and that Cunard and Seabourn are the last two with any meat left on those bones. Similar comments about diminishing standards are being heard over at Seabourn. Sad but true, the incremental tiny cuts continue and will do till there is not much left. How long that takes is anyone's guess.:eek:

If you check into the "lesser" lines in Carnival World, you will find that they have been stripped to the bone over the years and that Cunard and Seabourn are the last two with any meat left on those bones. Similar comments about diminishing standards are being heard over at Seabourn. Sad but true, the incremental tiny cuts continue and will do till there is not much left. How long that takes is anyone's guess.:eek:

Thanks and yes, it is very sad, indeed, and the reason must be strong global competition. I just wonder whether economies on little things really make such a difference in the end. Still ships companies continue to build these voluminous monsters they call ships and I ask myself whether there is at all appropriate demand for them.

Anyway, I don't need luxury, quality is enough for me and, all in all, I am always happy to be on "my" QM2.

Regards,

Cats 2010 :)

Archived