Aqua class suite?

ss0595

Hi all

Just upgraded on the reflection to a sky suite guarantee since it was actually cheaper then the concierge class room we were already booked for. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the aqua class suite and trying to figure out if it is better and/or the same as the sky suite. Also can we still eat in mdr?

Any info would be great

Thanks!

It is similar to a Sky Suite size wise, but better in that it comes with additional perks (i.e. access to Persian Gardens and Blu, complimentary bottled water delivered daily to your suite, massage jets in the shower etc.). If you want to dine in MDR, generally the procedure is that you can dine in the select area of the MDR on a space available basis (and nearly always space is available). Most find Blu to be a step up from the MDR though; Blu is more like dining in an actual restaurant whereas the MDR is like a large banquet hall.

"Blu is more like dining in an actual restaurant whereas the MDR is like a large banquet hall."

I think this is the most succinct explanation of the difference between Blu and the MDR I have ever read. We'd feel fortunate if we had a restaurant like Blu in our neighborhood (metro DC area). We'd fthink we were at a wedding if we were at an MDR-like venue in our area. :D

Rich

We had an AS on the April 6th sailing and really enjoyed it. It is considered an upgrade from s Sky Suite in that that it is the same size, but has Aqua Class amenities. The only exception would be if someone had a SS in a location that they prefer to the AS locations, but in general they are considered an upgrade. If you got an AS for less than you were going to pay for a CC, you have done well! We also liked dining in Blu more than our prior cruises in the MDR. The only reason that I can think of that someone would chose the MDR over Blu would be if they wanted to dine with specific people who don't have access to Blu. If you want to eat in the MDR, you can do that. Enjoy your cruise.

We also got assigned an Aqua Suite on a guarantee. We wanted to eat in the MDR due to dietary issues where we wanted to make sure we had the same wait staff nightly.

We went directly to the MDR to make these arrangements as we had been assigned to Blu. They said they would try to satisfy our request starting the second night but we needed to go to Blu the first night.

So we proceeded to Blu to see if we could arrange the dietary stuff for the first night. One of the waitstaff was in the room so we talked with her. She was very helpful and said we would be accommodated. When we arrived for her notes were with the head waiter and he made sure everything was perfect.

He said they could handle our diet easily in Blu so we chose to stay with Blu and had excellent dining and service.

Archived