Has your Cabin Steward done anything extra special?

kdinkus1

I was just wondering if your cabin steward had ever done anything extra special for you while on board other than the 'standard' animals, egg crates, etc?

On our very first cruise, our steward made a dummy out of my husbands pants/shirt/shoes/ life vests/ towels/ hat/ and sunglasses and placed 'him' in

the bathroom sitting on the toilet! Needless to mention I was the first one back into the room and when I opened the bathroom door, I got the surprize of my life! :D Of course, we had to share our 'dummy' with all our friends and neighbors and had many laughs and pictures taken! It was great...

We had to return the favor before we left the ship. We made up the 'dummy', put our cabin steward's name on him, placed a glass in one towel hand with a paper umbrella and his tip in the other with a hand-written thank you note.

We hoped he enjoyed it as much as we had before!

36_1_11.gif

I am glad the OP found the "dummy" to be funny, but personally I wouldn't. Your steward sure was creative, but I wouldn't like someone messing with my husband's clothes. And if I had a heart condition, I don't think I would like to find a surprise like that either.

Toto,

Gee, I guess that my last cruise wasn't on Princess after all. Hmm I thought that I booked that cruise through Princess. Can you please tell me which cruise line and ship I was on, since my room stewart made a fish with of my nightgowns?

Perhaps, instead of speaking in absolutes it would be better to speak in terms of your own personal experiences. :o

I've told this one before - Our cabin steward on our first cruise saved my DW's life in Acalpuco - we were crossing the divided street in town - I crossed to the middle, turned around and my wife stepped off the curb - a car was coming - a man behind her grabbed her and pulled her back as the car went whizzing by - it was our room steward.

Ron

Sorry, guess I should have re-read what I wrote and worded it differently. In all the years that we have sailed on Princess, we have never once seen or heard of any clothing or towel animals up until this point. My post should have actually read "Princess does not NORMALLY make towel animals"(hope that suits you better)

Didn't mean to be so exact, I guess since you had one, there is an exception to the rule, yours.

Just didn't want people returning and feeling cheated since they didn't get one as they are VERY RARE on Princess.

There have been a few exceptions on the towel animal front lately. I've never seen anyone flamed so badly over not experiencing it, though. :cool: We've never had towel animals either, and honestly, I don't see what the big deal is over them.

Our first cabin steward probably made us fall in love with cruising as much as anything else we experienced. She was always so sweet, and kept our cabin made up every time we left for a few minutes. She also took care of room service orders for us and other little things that probably weren't her job but we were too new to the game to know any differently.

Last year on my Med Cruise I was travelling alone (very long story) and my steward was always super nice and checking up on me. A couple days before the end of the cruise he asked me if I had room in my suitcase to bring something to a friend that lives in Cancun. Obviously I told him there was no problem. On the last day he brought be a shopping bag with a toy in it, when I asked for the address where I was to deliver it he told me that it as for my son!!! I had mentioned how much I missed my son and I guess he remembered.

We've had towel animals made for us on two or three cruises out of our 17 total. One steward also decorated the cabin with about 20 ballons for my wife's birthday.

We have never really had a bad steward, although some are certainly better than others.

Rick

Just to let everyone know... the 'dummy' in the bathroom was on a Carnival cruise. We will be taking our very 1st Princess cruise in December. I was just asking a question and am sorry that people misunderstood about the cruise line.:(

Also to the one who mentioned that it would be bad for someone with a heart condition to have walked in on the 'dummy' in the bathroom... our steward could tell from our personalities, that we would get a good laugh out of it! I don't think he would have done that otherwise. It could have cost him his job had he not known that we would think it was funny.

Anyway.. keep the posts coming!:)

Archived