? about Tampa port parking

rkmom

I am just wondering if the port parking area charges by 24-hr period or what exactly. Like, if we park there on Sunday at 10:30 do we need to get back the next Sunday before 10:30 to be charged only for 7 days vs. 8? Or do they charge per dates there no matter what time, because then it would be 8 days (Sun, M, T, W, Th, F, S, Sun)

Does that make sense? I'm just trying to figure out how much to budget for. Plus, my DH wants to drive in Sat. night, probably get there late and just sleep in the car. I doubt if we could even do that there, but I imagine that would add another expense for whatever extra time we are there.

(I'm thinking it is better to just find a hotel for Sat. night where we can leave the car for free for the week, and have them transport us to and from the port--if that is free, too. But I think he sees it as why bother with trying to find a hotel and pay more.)

Anyway, thanks for any info about the pricing system at the port pkg. garage!

Kim

Thank you for the link. I had checked that before, and it is a good deal, but still more expensive than just the parking for the week without a hotel room Sat night. Yet it could be worth it for the better rest, etc.

Does anyone know about how they charge the $12/day--is it per 24 hrs, or by total days it is there?

Thanks!

Kim

Hey Kim !

We have sailed out of Tampa a few times. When you park they will go ahead and charge you for the # of days of your cruise... they do not get down to the hours involved...

My only question regarding the daily fares would be if, for some reason (weather - mechanical), the ship arrived back a day or two late.... I wonder if they would then ADD INSULT TO INJURY and charge you for the additional parking???!!!

See you in TWO WEEKS>>>> WOO HOO!!!

Tom

I dont know how the parking garage would charge you if you came in a day or two late.

The problem with sleeping in your car is two things. The temps down here have been in the 90's during the day and 80's at night with high humidity and the police do not like people sleeping in their cars and would tell you to move along.

Archived