Carnival Chase the Sun Sale

The advert is misleading, those prices are not available on many of the cruise dates listed.

Also beware of the dodgy search function on the carnival website, when you sort by price lowest to highest it lists $1000 as being a lower price than $850 or $900. The perils of treating a price field as an alphabetic text field.

From what I can tell the prices are now 20-30% higher than they were a month ago. There are now no $650 or $750 cruises that we were seeing for winter cruises. Most are now up to $1000. I think this is a set of price rises disguised as a sale.

I'm not sure what you're looking at.

There are still many cruises around the $750 mark, which is their lowest pricing ever since released.

Since the sale launched, there are more than before, hence it's a good sale.

The advert is misleading, those prices are not available on many of the cruise dates listed.

Yes, so I found out today when called Carnival. However they said the cruise I was looking at (a 10 night Vanuatu & New Caledonia in June 2014) is on a sale price though. They have quoted $1699 per person n a twin balcony. Does this sound a good deal or should we wait?

Yes, so I found out today when called Carnival. However they said the cruise I was looking at (a 10 night Vanuatu & New Caledonia in June 2014) is on a sale price though. They have quoted $1699 per person n a twin balcony. Does this sound a good deal or should we wait?

I cruise in 2 weeks for 9 nights and we paid $1477 for a Verandah extended balcony when I booked more than 6 months ago - the special was that we paid the lead in price for a basic balcony. This will be my first balcony.

suggest you look at prices and if you find a cruise with the price you are happy to pay then go for it - how we do it.

Yes just checked it and the 10 night one in June 2014 comes up as $1699. This is out of the sale time for cruises. Have alook at some of the similar cruise prices for June or July this year and then decide if you are going to wait for a little while. I did notice on on cruise that the guarantee balcony was more expensive than a balcony you pick when the balconies are starting to sell out.

Archived