Airport transfers from Bush (Houston) IAH

dchillis

Has anyone used Carnival's airport transfers from this airport? This is for a cruise out of Galveston

What is the earliest they pick you up at IAH to port?

also on return

My flight back to LAX will be at 2:30pm

Has anyone used Carnival's airport transfers from this airport? This is for a cruise out of Galveston

What is the earliest they pick you up at IAH to port?

also on return

My flight back to LAX will be at 2:30pm

I have no need to use it as that is my home port; I live in Houston.

But I've read that you could come out cheaper renting a car or hire a car service (only advantageous if there are several people in your group).

But if you go to Carnival's site, they list the latest time you could arrive to the airport and the earliest time you should pick for your departure flight.

I have no need to use it as that is my home port; I live in Houston.

But I've read that you could come out cheaper renting a car or hire a car service (only advantageous if there are several people in your group).

But if you go to Carnival's site' date=' they list the latest time you could arrive to the airport and the earliest time you should pick for your departure flight.[/quote']

I've read that this is the worst place to fly into because car rental places are closed on Sundays (when most cruises depart) in Galveston.

OP I would get on whichever shuttle bus was out there when I got off the ship and not hope for the latest one, which probably at most would make a hour's difference and just wait it out at the airport.

Its about a 45 minute drive to the airport and you get on the bus after you get off the ship and have to wait for it to fill up which could take up to a hour. I know one time I missed the first bus and they told me this rule .. and we waited the entire hour before the 2nd bus would start for the airport.

the rule they told me is they wait for the bus to fill up .. or one hour.. whichever happens first. (the bus I was on never filled up)

I've read that this is the worst place to fly into because car rental places are closed on Sundays (when most cruises depart) in Galveston.

OP I would get on whichever shuttle bus was out there when I got off the ship and not hope for the latest one, which probably at most would make a hour's difference and just wait it out at the airport.

Its about a 45 minute drive to the airport and you get on the bus after you get off the ship and have to wait for it to fill up which could take up to a hour. I know one time I missed the first bus and they told me this rule .. and we waited the entire hour before the 2nd bus would start for the airport.

the rule they told me is they wait for the bus to fill up .. or one hour.. whichever happens first. (the bus I was on never filled up)

Car rental booths are open on Sunday at the airport. Are you saying rental companies are closed in Galveston on Sunday? If so, I can't answer for Galveston as I rarely go there...and don't need to rent a car from Galveston.

But the OP should definitely weigh their options; how much for a rental car, gas, AND the cost to park at the port vs shuttle service per person each way through Carnival. If it's just OP and one other person, I'd do the shuttle, but if it were enough of them to share the costs; I'd rent a car.

Car rental booths are open on Sunday at the airport. Are you saying rental companies are closed in Galveston on Sunday? If so' date=' I can't answer for Galveston as I rarely go there...and don't need to rent a car from Galveston.

But the OP should definitely weigh their options; how much for a rental car, gas, AND the cost to park at the port vs shuttle service per person each way through Carnival. If it's just OP and one other person, I'd do the shuttle, but if it were enough of them to share the costs; I'd rent a car.[/quote']

yes, that is what I was saying, unless things have changed, rental car places are closed in Galveston on Sunday.

Some tried to leave cars in the past at the closed lot and got charged when they opened on monday and I dont think they allow this any more since it seemed to be problems.

yes, that is what I was saying, unless things have changed, rental car places are closed in Galveston on Sunday.

Some tried to leave cars in the past at the closed lot and got charged when they opened on monday and I dont think they allow this any more since it seemed to be problems.

Ok, that makes sense. Now, call me dumb, but why would someone want to drop the car off in Galveston and not have a way back to the airport? I guess they could take a cab back...or maybe they opted to use Carnival for the return portion????? But I was just curious about that.

Archived