Reviews of Alaska cruise on Shadow please

alexandra cruiser

looking at member review section only see a few,and 2 negative.Can someone who recently sailed update these.?Looking for luxury or premium line to see Alaska again(been 25 yrs.).Never on SS,but hearing the dress code has relaxed(formal optional YEAH) may reconsider.Thanks.;)

We have sailed Alaska on the Shadow the last three years and will do again this year. It is obvious that we love Alaska and try to go every year. We switched to the Shadow when Regent put the Navigator in Alaska as we are not huge fans of the Navigator but still sail Regent. I do not think you would be disappointed with Silversea.

and have never been on Navigator before either,but both other Regent ones.Will request SS brochure and look VERY carefully at all the details.Have been to Alaska ONCE but after seeing Norway, would like to appreciate them again.

But we need updated member reviews of this cruise too.Many use that along with threads and posts.:)

In a couple of weeks we are heading back up to Alaska for our fourth cruise on the Silver Shadow. Yes the weather can be 'iffy' [especially early/late in the season], yes the ports can sometimes can be crowded (especially Ketchikan and Juneau), but we absolutely love the Shadow: it is such a relaxing and enjoyable ship - we are always sad to leave.

We have never had any issues with the food (in our opinion it has always been of the highest quality) nor have we noticed any 'significant' lowering of standards (we never drink in our room - we much prefer to mingle in the bar - so we never opened the welcome of bottle of Champage and hence we don't miss it - and the flowers always got in the way).

If you are thinking of Alaska and you want a luxury cruise ship then I would strongly recommend the Silver Shadow.

Can someone who recently sailed update these.?Looking for luxury or premium line to see Alaska again(been 25 yrs.).Never on SS,but hearing the dress code has relaxed(formal optional YEAH) may reconsider.Thanks.;)

The two latest reviews of a Shadow in Alaska cruise are listed as "Asia" because both reviewers were on a Vancouver-Tokyo itinerary. You might want to look at these as they are from last September (i.e., the most recent Alaskan review possible until later this month;)).

I'll be on the Shadow in Alaska embarking Seward on June 6. I'll try to write a review mid cruise or when we disembark. Looking forward to it! We did do Alaska on Regent, but on the Mariner when she still did the itinerary. It was the best of our past 3 Alaskan cruises. But many of the staff are gone now and Navigator is a totally different ship. Therefore, the Shadow this year. We have been on her before and look forward to it again.

We are taking our 5 th Alaska cruise on the Shadow AND we live in Alaska! We LOVE the ship and the staff/ crew. The staff are like family and we feel like we are part of a big family. We've had nothing but wonderful experiences on board.

We usually dress formal for the formal nights but this time my husband will wear dark suit and more formal shirt and tie. We noticed fewer men wore tuxedos but they still dressed up.

You will ENJOY Alaska regardless of the weather. I think late May to mid June is a great time to travel in Alaska - less rain and clearer Lonnnnnggggger days. The snow was late this year so it might be a bit chillier on the deck. Bring a fleece and layer.OK a rain coat is a good idea too! Have a wonderful time! The train trip from Seward to Anchorage is beautiful and included in your fare!

The ships first cruise this year begins in Anchorage in two weeks - their only Anchorage departure/arrival stop once every couple years.

Have. Fabulous a trip and enjoy your new "big family".

Archived