8A Carnival Spirit Booking

We are off to see our TA on Monday to book a 10 day cruise on Carnival Spirit in 2014. Our first ever cruise!

I seem to have been trawling the various websites and cruise critic forum for a week trying make sure we select the correct cabin etc. I would like to check with other posters and get their thoughts on our decisions before we head off on Monday to book the cruise.

We want a twin balcony cabin and originally thought an obstructed balcony (7A) would be OK, but for an extra $30 each we can get an 8A with a clear view balcony cabin.

8A cabins are located on deck 4 (main) and deck 5 (upper), so thought we would book deck 5 as this would put us between two accommodation decks and nullify possible noise from the restaurant etc.

8A cabins are in the aft section on level 5, would there be any problems with being at this end of the ship? engine vibration, swell???

Hoping we have everything covered and would appreciate any comments/suggestions from posters.

Cheers.

We have not cruised on the Spirit so cannot add any information about the cabin location etc but you seem to have done a great job in researching the cruise and possible cabins. Hope you really enjoy the cruise, but remember....it can become an expensive hobby as one cruise is never enough. :)

We have not cruised on the Spirit so cannot add any information about the cabin location etc but you seem to have done a great job in researching the cruise and possible cabins. Hope you really enjoy the cruise, but remember....it can become an expensive hobby as one cruise is never enough. :)

A very good point Aussieflyer. This is our "tester" cruise to see if we enjoy it because would like to take some longer cruises in future, but want to try a shorter one first.

I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

We were on the Carnival Legend last October (Halloween cruise) which is the sister ship to the Spirit. The layout looks almost identical. We are booked on the Spirit in August. :-)

Now to your question, we were in a 8M cabin (extended Aft balcony). If you are in a Aft cabin expect some propeller vibrations. I don't mind that kind of thing so it wasn't an issue for us.

In another previous cruise we had a forward balcony suite (on NCL Sky) located right under the Bridge. I don't think I would book a Forward Balcony again - too noisy if the weather was rough. When a big wave hit, you not only felt the vibrations from it but the noise was loud! To be fair we were on the ship, sailing in the Bahamas during Hurricane Sandy so it was an extreme weather event but still, I properly wouldn't book a Forward Balcony again. It was nice to stand out the front of the balcony when coming into a new port though. :-).

If this is your first cruise and you are not an experienced sailer, I would play it safe and book a cabin midship. There is less movement there if the weather is rough which is better if you get sea sick. And I think you can see more from the side of the ship.

Have fun on your cruise. :-)

Cheers,

Rebecca

Archived