Experiences with settlement of onboard damage claims and other compensation?

We learn from each other..

I turned to my husband last night and said...Should I be leaving electronics in one of the many zip locks I bring anyway...just in case..?? because of your water damage...

I usually lock up everything electronic in the safe....or cameras, e-readers.... are with me...but sometimes stuff is left charging...

Have to say...never heard of luggage not drying out in three days....especially since you had a balcony to put them out on??

There's a product in a brown bottle that you spritz on clothing and rust stains disappear like magic..years ago, we had a problem with water lines and we would get rust stains randomly on clothing...Just looked it up...it is called WHINK.....amazing product!

Did you take pictures of each item with the rust stains? In this digital age, so easy to show a customer service rep what happened.

I have never heard of dry cleaning working on rust stains....you need a specific chemical reaction...

I am glad it only impacted three days of your cruise...not all 14...but ending on a sour note is never fun..

If my luggage was not dry, I would have had the room steward find me large garbage bags to protect my packed stuff.....Simple fix.

Bernadette

Bernadette

My opinion only is that the OBC offered is in the low end of the fair range for what happened (having not been there). I can see both sides of the issue. If I was going for the goodwill gesture post cruise and I was them, I might toss in a future cruise discount.

That said, as far as damaged clothing, etc, there is no reason you cannot amend your damaged products claim when you get back. Instead of pursuing the OBC/Credit angle I would follow up with a detailed claim for additional expenses incurred after return that can clearly be shown to be a result of the water damage. With clear documentation, I suspect they might be more inclined to work with you there (also, they can re-insure stuff like that)

Also, your travel insurance (if you had) should cover damage as well.

Cruise lines do not like to do refunds. You got OBC which is the next best thing.

I would make items damaged your top priority. Hopefully you have pictures of what happened and also an preliminary list from the actual event. Finding things later is fairly fishy in most insurance type claims.

Additionally I would request a future discount as compensation for all this trouble. Probably in the $200 range, just my opinion.

Sorry you had that experience but it seems like a lot of issues for 1 sprinkler going off in the bedroom section of the suite and sounds like Princess is thinking the same thing. With all the closet space it a suite, how were so many of your clothes in the direct path of that one sprinkler; and all the electronics again in the direct path of that one sprinkler? Couldn't you have moved any of that stuff in order to mitigate some of your damages? Did you take any pictures of the immediate aftermath and your damages so you can send them to Princess customer service?

Electronics have a huge depreciation so maybe you can use your travel insurance to recoup some of your damages in that area but right now it sounds like Princess has adequately compensated you.

Archived