Is it possible to switch tablemates for one night?

junglejane

We will be on the June 1 crossing with our 2 DD's ages 16 and 12. We have requested a table for 4. (By the way, how likely is it that we will get a table for 4?) By coincidence, two friends of ours are also on this crossing. We all have late seating. We have known this couple for 20+ years and would enjoying having dinner with them one night. We may try to set up a dinner for me, DH and the other couple at Todd English. But I also wondered if it would be possible for us to send the girls off one night to do room service or eat in King's Court while we share our table for 4 with the other couple.

Is there any problem with that scenario?

We will be on the June 1 crossing with our 2 DD's ages 16 and 12. We have requested a table for 4. (By the way, how likely is it that we will get a table for 4?) By coincidence, two friends of ours are also on this crossing. We all have late seating. We have known this couple for 20+ years and would enjoying having dinner with them one night. We may try to set up a dinner for me, DH and the other couple at Todd English. But I also wondered if it would be possible for us to send the girls off one night to do room service or eat in King's Court while we share our table for 4 with the other couple. Is there any problem with that scenario?
Hi junglejane,

No problem at all as far as I know. Simply let your stewards (and your friend's stewards) and the senior staff know what you plan, table numbers etc, all will be fine I am sure.

Make sure that they understand it is for one night only and that your daughters will be eating elsewhere that one night.

Your friends might want to let their table-mates know as well so they don't wait to order.

(And to answer your first question, I would be very surprised if you didn't get your table for four as requested).

Have a great time, Bon Voyage :) .

You can even swap table-mates in different restaurants with the consent of the respective Maitre D's. On our crossing of last year there was a couple at our table in Princess Grill; the woman had two sisters travelling in Britannia. They had been unable to get into PG. One night another couple at our table spoke to the MD in our restaurant and offered to dine in Britannia one formal night so the two sisters could come up to PG. This was arranged with no fuss and everyone was happy.

You could also ask the M,d for that night to have a table for the 6 of you, there always a few table on the top tier of the main dining room, that way all of you can eat together

Thanks, that's good to know. Our DD's have food allergies and would actually feel more comfortable eating in the dining room. In our past experience on Princess and Celebrity, the cruise lines recommend sticking to the dining room and avoiding the buffet.

Thanks, that's good to know. Our DD's have food allergies and would actually feel more comfortable eating in the dining room. In our past experience on Princess and Celebrity, the cruise lines recommend sticking to the dining room and avoiding the buffet.

well, just ask the Md one evening they will arrange it for you, you may just to sit up stairs but at least you can still be together and have a great dinner with your family and friends, I would certainly avoid the buffet, we are going to cruise around south America in a few months time and we are on a Celebrity ship,looking forward to trying them out, they have been amazing so far, so helpful

well, just ask the Md one evening they will arrange it for you, you may just to sit up stairs but at least you can still be together and have a great dinner with your family and friends, I would certainly avoid the buffet, we are going to cruise around south America in a few months time and we are on a Celebrity ship,looking forward to trying them out, they have been amazing so far, so helpful

Oh Celebrity ships are just wonderful.....l am sure you will enjoy that experience, do hope you have a blast.

So back to Cunard and arranging tables et al. This is really when Cunard come into their own. I am sure you will have no problem at all as long as you plan ahead and also ensure the staff are aware of any allergies.

DH and myself don't really like King's Court for evening dining, but having said that l am sure your kids would love it for a change. In room dining is also very good.

Hope you have a lovely time.

Best, Judy

Oh Celebrity ships are just wonderful.....l am sure you will enjoy that experience, do hope you have a blast.

So back to Cunard and arranging tables et al. This is really when Cunard come into their own. I am sure you will have no problem at all as long as you plan ahead and also ensure the staff are aware of any allergies.

DH and myself don't really like King's Court for evening dining, but having said that l am sure your kids would love it for a change. In room dining is also very good.

Hope you have a lovely time.

Best, Judy

We are looking forward to Celebrity as a change, Cunard are doing the same old, same old, Celebrity seem amazing, offered us a discount on booking, upgraded our status as we have been on RCL, upgraded our cabin to concierge and other small things, none of which Cunard will do, I have heard so many great reports from people, but when QM2 or QE is going where we want to go they are 1st choice

We are looking forward to Celebrity as a change, Cunard are doing the same old, same old, Celebrity seem amazing, offered us a discount on booking, upgraded our status as we have been on RCL, upgraded our cabin to concierge and other small things, none of which Cunard will do, I have heard so many great reports from people, but when QM2 or QE is going where we want to go they are 1st choice

DH and l still try to be loyal to Cunard but they do appear these days to be sadly lacking in so many ways.

We are considering doing another back to back TA this year at some point, maybe in the grills.....which we have always done, but we have found that being in the grills now really doesn't offer the full service like the old days on QE2. Last time we went in QG on QM2 it was like open house, all and sundry were apparently 'allowed' on the grills deck and we even saw folk taking the blankets from the steamer chairs......not that it really bothered us, but we have to think what we are paying for and is it worth it.

We are big Celebrity fans. We have been on Celebrity four times, most recently on the Silhouette. I like the variety of alternative dining options and the availability of open seating for those in "regular" cabins. The design and decor of the Solstice class ships are very striking in a contemporary sort of way. I know that some people complain about supposedly loud music in the atrium and bars, but we didn't think that was a problem. Have a great cruise and then come back and let us know what you thought.

There are so many negative reviews of the QM2 in the member reviews section, it's a bit discouraging. DH and I are definitely looking forward to the whole experience, but trying to lower expectations as well.

DH and l still try to be loyal to Cunard but they do appear these days to be sadly lacking in so many ways.

We are considering doing another back to back TA this year at some point, maybe in the grills.....which we have always done, but we have found that being in the grills now really doesn't offer the full service like the old days on QE2. Last time we went in QG on QM2 it was like open house, all and sundry were apparently 'allowed' on the grills deck and we even saw folk taking the blankets from the steamer chairs......not that it really bothered us, but we have to think what we are paying for and is it worth it.

I think I will always do at least one TA and maybe B2b on QM2, but maybe use celebrity for most other cruises, they are just so much for us on our first cruise with them, although we have used RCL twice, they really made us feel special, we are in a concierge cabin and may next time upgrade that , we get flowers, wine,canapes in the room for much less than Cunard charge and we get a better cruise location,, Cunard are no where near what they were a few years ago

We are big Celebrity fans. We have been on Celebrity four times, most recently on the Silhouette. I like the variety of alternative dining options and the availability of open seating for those in "regular" cabins. The design and decor of the Solstice class ships are very striking in a contemporary sort of way. I know that some people complain about supposedly loud music in the atrium and bars, but we didn't think that was a problem. Have a great cruise and then come back and let us know what you thought.

There are so many negative reviews of the QM2 in the member reviews section, it's a bit discouraging. DH and I are definitely looking forward to the whole experience, but trying to lower expectations as well.

QM2 is amazing for the TA crossings, but we have heard so much positive feedback for Celebrity that we are happy to change to them, Cunard give little for loyalty now, wine tasting, but that's not good now, free internet is ok and a few cheap cocktail parties, but for a huge price increase over celebrity , we got flights, hotel, concierge cabin and for not much more than a 2 week cruise from soton on Cunard in a balcony cabin , dont get me wrong the TAs are amazing, but at a cost and not to mention the fashion police and more, the tipping police and im sure you can see for yourself what they all moan about, lol,

Give my love to your wonderful city BTW and that amazing dinner theatre you have tI think its the broadway palm or something,.

ps, dont take too much notice of the moans on here, just go, have fun, enjoy and when you want to get together the Md will sort it for you with out a problem

That's really a surprise. when we were on the Grills terrace, they checked your card. I saw them ask a lot of PAX to leave if they didn't have the correct card. I think with the refit coming fairly soon, that this could be addressed by making passage into the Grills Terrace much more difficult. I hate to say it, but the French were the ones always being booted out for not having a Grills stateroom card.

Archived