Carnival and George Lopez

skyeman27

I think that Guy hamburger guy is gay. Maybe he is not homophobic? He wears ear rings. big ones.

Antony that watches Guys D3 show knows he talks about his wife and kids. His son has appeared on several episodes. Probably 14-16 by now.

I thought being American allows for free speech and differing opinions without persecution. Saying someone is anti-American for an opinion is anti-American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to sound all "political"...but you do know what the first amendment actually says right?

"The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that comprise the Bill of Rights."

It means the government can't "infringe" on a citizens speech. You can run your mouth about anything you want...but that doesn't mean there won't be repercussions. By law that can't come from the government (with certain exceptions), but it can come from the private sector.

Just like this forum...the moderators can censor/delete posts because it's a private entity. For some reason people seem to think "freedom of speech" extends everywhere without repercussions and that's just not the truth.

Someone calling someone anti-American because of their opinion is also free speech, so it would be hypocritical to call them anti-American because they disagree with that original opinion.

Maybe Blurgh meant Anti-American because straight American males wear earrings all the time.

Is Guy really homophobic? I've never watched his shows.

Haven't really watched his cooking show , but watch "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives " all the time. Can't recall any Homophobic moments , just really good , albeit unhealthy food . :)

Haven't really watched his cooking show , but watch "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives " all the time. Can't recall any Homophobic moments , just really good , albeit unhealthy food . :)

A large part of our population is of the belief that anyone who shares a different opinion from theirs is either anti-American, gay, a Communist, or an atheist and the anti-Christ.

As Buffalo Springfield once said, "Paranoia strikes deep....".

Just showing a little tolerance would be a huge step forward. :)

A large part of our population is of the belief that anyone who shares a different opinion from theirs is either anti-American' date=' gay, a Communist, or an atheist and the anti-Christ.

As Buffalo Springfield once said, "Paranoia strikes deep....".

Just showing a little tolerance would be a huge step forward. :)[/quote']

Very true.

Its easier to say "Hey that guy is a racist, sexist communist ....etc for saying what he said about me. Instead of realizing what he said about me is true , now what can I do to change it?

Ditto

completely agree. His TV show as pretty vanilla, however his stand up comedy is filled with passive aggressive, racist, digs. Aside from the fact that I've never thought his comedy was funny (he's basically just recycling old cheech and chong jokes/sterotypes), I can't stand the dude on a personal level.

Not to sound all "political"...but you do know what the first amendment actually says right?

"The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that comprise the Bill of Rights."

It means the government can't "infringe" on a citizens speech. You can run your mouth about anything you want...but that doesn't mean there won't be repercussions. By law that can't come from the government (with certain exceptions), but it can come from the private sector.

Just like this forum...the moderators can censor/delete posts because it's a private entity. For some reason people seem to think "freedom of speech" extends everywhere without repercussions and that's just not the truth.

Someone calling someone anti-American because of their opinion is also free speech, so it would be hypocritical to call them anti-American because they disagree with that original opinion.

You're right, however I wasn't being liberal, I was being sarcastic or facetious, whatever works here.

It's just frustrating how the differing opinion is called intolerant or anti-American when the recipient of the intolerant name calling is done by the more intolerant person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Blurgh meant Anti-American because straight American males wear earrings all the time.

Is Guy really homophobic? I've never watched his shows.

I was just being sarcastic. :)

The poster in question is either a troll, or nuts. Saying someone is anti-american because of their brand of humor, whether it's "racist" or "political" or whatever....

Very true.

Its easier to say "Hey that guy is a racist, sexist communist ....etc for saying what he said about me. Instead of realizing what he said about me is true , now what can I do to change it?

There's only one way to change it: Take more cruises and take advantage of the drinks packages. :)

I was just being sarcastic. :)

The poster in question is either a troll, or nuts. Saying someone is anti-american because of their brand of humor, whether it's "racist" or "political" or whatever....

Sarcasm is such a tricky thing to pull off on these threads, because so many people are incapable of recognizing sarcasm. :)

Sarcasm is such a tricky thing to pull off on these threads' date=' because so many people are incapable of recognizing sarcasm. :)[/quote']

Very true and it would go a long way to clarify sarcasm if only people would use the sarcasm emoticon :rolleyes: ONLY when they are being sarcastic. Many posters here use the sarcasm emoticon to display attitude rather than actual sarcasm.

[quote name='Blurgh']I was just being sarcastic. :)

The poster in question is either a troll, or nuts. Saying someone is anti-american because of their brand of humor, whether it's "racist" or "political" or whatever....[/QUOTE]

Sarcastic is what I took it for...obviously others didn't.

Archived