Carnival and George Lopez

skyeman27

Is the affiliation between Carnival and George Lopez gone? On our last Freedom cruise (4/20/2013) there was no mention of him visual or otherwise in the Comedy Club?

Hope so. He has made enough Anti-American jokes to write a book. And he means them........

Is the affiliation between Carnival and George Lopez gone? On our last Freedom cruise (4/20/2013) there was no mention of him visual or otherwise in the Comedy Club?

I hope so,

We liked the sitcom he had a few years back, but other than that, I think he is a foul mouthed punk racist, and should just go away.

As for the punchliner brunch, we did not like it, very confusing, (but it was the second cruise with it on the Splendor back in December.

Unfortunately, his name was all over the Breeze, a couple of weeks ago. The Punchliner Brunch comedy was HORRENDOUS!!!:mad: They need to do away with that five minute skit. However, the food and the Bloody Mary's were OUTSTANDING!!!!:D:D

I don't have a problem with George Lopez. Some Republicans might. But to make sure others know, other than a taped introduction, George Lopez is no part of the shows and I'm not sure if he has ever been on a cruise ship.

On Carnival Conquest a week or so ago, the comedians were getting some laughs at the brunch. It kind of depends on the comedians and how hung over the passengers are.

The Freedom has not had the Funship 2.0 upgrades yet, so no George Lopez.

Did not know he was part of the 2.0 Funship. Comedians were just as funny without him overseeing the Freedom comedy club. If Carnival wants to save some more money with cutbacks/changes get rid of Lopez, never saw the need for him nor do I think he is funny or entertaining...

. . . But to make sure others know, other than a taped introduction, George Lopez is no part of the shows and I'm not sure if he has ever been on a cruise ship.

I know that he and his family have cruised previously, but I have zero clue if he's ever stepped foot onboard CCL.

I would like to think that he has, due to the affiliation, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

I often wonder when Carnival makes the marketing decision on who will be the "face" (i.e. celebrity chefs, comedy clubs, sports/exercise/spa offerings etc) in their efforts to set their onboard product offerings apart from their competitors, if they do market research to see if guests actually book a cruise based upon that "face"

What are you expecting when you go to a George Lopez comedy club onboard? Is it different, then say, Jerry Seinfield or Carol Burnett or Alonzo Bolden ( my personal favorite on the full charter smooth jazz cruises). The same reasoning goes with the "big name" chefs.

Fyi..if Lopez's deal with Carnival falls thru, he won't be suffering...He has been named as Bill Cosby's replacement to host the annual Playboy Jazz Festival

I don't have a problem with George Lopez. Some Republicans might. But to make sure others know, other than a taped introduction, George Lopez is no part of the shows and I'm not sure if he has ever been on a cruise ship..

i highly doubt only republicans can recognize him for the racist that he is. why carnival ever wanted to associate with him, as well as the homophobic burger maker escapes me.

Wow, I never saw George Lopez as a racist. I really enjoyed his TV show a few years back, and am looking forward to the comedy club/brunch no matter who it's named after. I enjoy the majority of Lopez's standup (nobody is funny all the time not even Seinfeld!). Didn't expect to see George Lopez on board but if he happened to show up on my cruise I wouldn't be mad about it! :) To each his own I guess.

i highly doubt only republicans can recognize him for the racist that he is. why carnival ever wanted to associate with him, as well as the homophobic burger maker escapes me.

I think that Guy hamburger guy is gay. Maybe he is not homophobic? He wears ear rings. big ones.

According to Carnival.com:

Punchliner Comedy Club, and Punchliner Comedy Brunch (those without asterisk)

On Cruise Ships:

Breeze

Conquest

Dream

Fantasy *

Fascination *

Glory

Legend *

Liberty

Magic

Miracle

Splendor

Sunshine

Coming On Cruise Ships

Ecstasy * 5/2013

Pride * 5/2013

Sensation * 6/2013

Triumph * 6/2013

Carnival Punchliner Brunch Menu

Note on 2nd Page of Menu:

carne y huevos - filet mignon w/ 2 fried eggs...more

I agree that the Brunch could do without the 5 minute on the hour comedians. They would have to change the name to just Brunch, though :):):):)

I happen to enjoy George Lopez and can't see where he is Anti American. The 2 or 3 Cable specials I saw with him , he did a fair share of poking fun at his own people (Mexicans).

Of course I come from the good old days when we could all laugh at our race or nationalities foibles and funny traits and it wasn't a crime against humanity.

I happen to enjoy George Lopez and can't see where he is Anti American. The 2 or 3 Cable specials I saw with him , he did a fair share of poking fun at his own people (Mexicans).

Of course I come from the good old days when we could all laugh at our race or nationalities foibles and funny traits and it wasn't a crime against humanity.

Agreed with all you said!!

I don't have a problem with George Lopez. Some Republicans might. But to make sure others know, other than a taped introduction, George Lopez is no part of the shows and I'm not sure if he has ever been on a cruise ship.

On Carnival Conquest a week or so ago, the comedians were getting some laughs at the brunch. It kind of depends on the comedians and how hung over the passengers are.

Can I just say that after following your travel blog I feel like I know you personally. And after reading this post, I salute you:cool:.

Archived