Can you renew vows on NCL?

sjmbruce

I didn't see anything about it on their website. Does NCL have a package available to renew vows?

Thanks!

No package (they do have weddings), but you can ask and if the Captain is feeling particularly cheery he may agree .. ;)

I would try and set it up in advance tho.

Captain can't perform weddings. On the Star last December there was a renewal ceremony held in the Star Bar right after lunch. Concierge said they arranged it prior to the cruise. Start at the 800 number and they can put you in touch with the right people.

Yes they do vow renewals through their wedding division. We did ours last year on The Gem. It was oerfect and well worth the money.

Can you tell me a little about the experience? It will be our 25th anniversary this next cruise and I wanted to do something special.

We are doing ours next year, Nov 2014.............my TA said as soon as they open up the books...he will reserve the chapel for us........(no charge) He said at that time, they will let you know all the offerings (packages,etc.) & prices.

Can you tell me a little about the experience? It will be our 25th anniversary this next cruise and I wanted to do something special.

I booked it through Norwegian's wedding planner division/whatever they are called ;). We only did a standard package - no upgrades with flowers and such (since I'm allergic - but I brought my own silk bouquet and bouttoniere for DH that I made). We did request a certain date (our actual anniversary) and this was honored by the ship.

They pick the time and the location (unless you advise of something and they will see if they can do this for you - also I think it depends if you will have guests). The wedding/vow renewal coordinator was wonderful and she really was responsive and caring.

The cruise director (Big Ken) was supposed to do the vow renewal for us; however, we were very honored that the Captain actually did this for us (it might have been had something to do with my DH almost losing his life shortly prior to the cruise - and being put onto oxygen full-time so our lives changed dramatically - so Big Ken and everyone went out of their way to make the cruise a special time for us both).

Just the memory while typing has me crying again. :D Happy tears!

You might want to try posting on the Weddings board of Cruise Critic to see if there are some more experiences. NCL does offer something and has a special department that handles everything.

Happy anniversary! It is our 25th this year as well!

You might want to try posting on the Weddings board of Cruise Critic to see if there are some more experiences. NCL does offer something and has a special department that handles everything.

Happy anniversary! It is our 25th this year as well!

Congratulations! I wanted to do something special but my husband has no desire to be in the Haven so we got our usual aft ph. I also thought of doing breakaway but it was sooo much more expensive.

We are doing most of the planning of our ceremony. Mostly just making sure we can have the chapel on the evening of our renewal. I have music downloaded on laptop.........we might get some flowers from them........we have a friend officiating............and other details worked out. We will see when our TA contacts them.............what they have to offer. Our 10 day cruise happens to encompass our actual date............it is the day we are at St Thomas so planning on doing vow renewal at 7pm that night............then, we are at sea for 2 days...........so should be nice................

MY TA found this out:

Good Afternoon,

I am sorry but we do not give groups access to the Chapel for private vow renewals. I am sorry but we

only offer public renewals if guests purchase one of these two packages that are listed on the flyer I have enclosed.

And they do have TWO vow renewal packages:

one is $299 & the other is $499

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=094f6d4bfe&view=att&th=13e7afb94dabc72e&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-UUEMPzHDI90H89jw_vL7r&sadet=1367863271693&sads=PKdDw_ksSv0LtW408xbJBmvSjWY

hopefully the link above will show you what is included!

This may be a silly question, but do you need to renew vows on the exact date of your anniversary? I could book the cruise that covers our 10 year; we are currently booked two weeks at the moment...

No, you do not have to do the vow renewal on your actual anniversary date. We did since it meant so much to my DH and I (especially since we had originally wanted to be married on the Dawn but "relatives" got in the way of that! :eek: :rolleyes:).

MY TA found this out:

Good Afternoon,

I am sorry but we do not give groups access to the Chapel for private vow renewals. I am sorry but we

only offer public renewals if guests purchase one of these two packages that are listed on the flyer I have enclosed.

And they do have TWO vow renewal packages:

one is $299 & the other is $499

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=094f6d4bfe&view=att&th=13e7afb94dabc72e&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-UUEMPzHDI90H89jw_vL7r&sadet=1367863271693&sads=PKdDw_ksSv0LtW408xbJBmvSjWY

hopefully the link above will show you what is included!

Cannot open the link.

Captain can't perform weddings. On the Star last December there was a renewal ceremony held in the Star Bar right after lunch. Concierge said they arranged it prior to the cruise. Start at the 800 number and they can put you in touch with the right people.

No one asked to do weddings . Vow renewal is most certainly within the Captains authority.

I guarantee it.. ;)

Vow Renewal

$299

• Sparkling wine & chocolate-covered strawberries

in your stateroom

• Bouquet of flowers or $50 OBC for photographic prints*

• Group Vow Renewals performed by ship staff**

• Ceremony music

• Romantic vows

• One bottle of Norwegian’s private-selection

sparkling wine

• Celebration cake for two

• Commemorative Vow Renewal certificate

• Dinner for two in Bistro French Restaurant

• One 8x10 professional portrait††

[*] *Fresh flower bouquets require a minimum of a 7 day advance purchase prior to sailing. a $50 onboard Credit (oBC) for photographic prints. **Vow renewals are performed onboard the ship as a group event

[*]by the ship’s staff. Limited availability for Vow renewal reservations. ††additional photography coverage may be booked through the photo gallery onboard

Deluxe Vow Renewal

$499

in your stateroom

• Group Vow Renewals performed by the Captain†

• Ideal ceremony location

• Ceremony music

• Romantic vows

sparkling wine

• An invitation from the Captain to tour the bridge

while in port

• Standard canapés delivered to your stateroom

• One 8x10 professional portrait and an engraved frame††

[*] *Fresh flower bouquets require a minimum of a 7 day advance purchase prior to sailing. a $50 onboard Credit (oBC) for photographic prints. **Vow renewals are performed onboard the ship as a group event

[*]by the ship’s staff. Limited availability for Vow renewal reservations. ††additional photography coverage may be booked through the photo gallery onboard

Vow Renewal

$299

in your stateroom

• Group Vow Renewals performed by ship staff**

• Ceremony music

• Romantic vows

sparkling wine

• One 8x10 professional portrait††

This sounds great! Who do I contact? Do they expect you to have guests or is it normal to do with just the 2 of us?

Thanks for all the info!

This sounds great! Who do I contact? Do they expect you to have guests or is it normal to do with just the 2 of us?

Thanks for all the info!

Are you using a TA??? If so, I would have them contact them if not, you can contact them via groupevent@ncl.com and put in your request.......My TA had requested we reserve chapel for approx 20 for our vow renewal & they responded: Good Afternoon,

I am NOT sure WHERE they would perform the group vow renewal ceremony. We are now considering doing a a private charter company that could take a group of 20 or so on a private boat trip from Red Hook to St John….and doing a private vow renewal on the yacht. It would combine shore excursion w/our renewal.......(this is not thru NCL) Our TA knows a company that would do it. The day of our anniversary we are in St. Thomas so this is a definite consideration.............

If I find out more about the group vow renewal...will post it...:) (I sent email to my TA w/your questions)

Archived