Denali to Whittier

shofer

We are taking the DIY tour to Alaska and will be bused from Denali to Whittier to board the Island Princess.

How long is this bus ride? Do they offer any snacks or sandwiches for the ride? Wondering if we will get there in time to grab some lunch or will the buffet be closed?

Sue

We are taking the DIY tour to Alaska and will be bused from Denali to Whittier to board the Island Princess.

How long is this bus ride? Do they offer any snacks or sandwiches for the ride? Wondering if we will get there in time to grab some lunch or will the buffet be closed?

Sue

I am on the Coral Princess in June with Princess land tour before the cruise, according to my travel summary on Princess.com, it is approx 8.5 hr bus ride. I believe I read somewhere that bus will make "frequent" stops (I can't find where I read this, if I find it, I will post).

Wed 06/12/13 Denali Nat'l Park

COACH: DENALI TO WHITTIER

Coach: Denali to Whittier Travel time is approximately 8 1/2 hours (319 miles).

8:00am - 4:30pm

Sue from Fairfield, CA

When Princess bused us from the McKinley Princess Lodge to Whittier (8am to 2pm), we stopped in Anchorage and were given an hour on our own for lunch. Not the same trip, I know, but possibly the same kind of deal.

If your bus does that, I recommend the Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage. Nice atmosphere, good food, good beer.

Archived